Help please.

Options
So I've been making sure I get at least 20 mins of walking in a day.
Breakfast is usually a coffee. I'm not much of a breakfast person.
Lunch is around 300-450 cals
Dinner is usually 500-700 depending on what we are having.
I'm on 1500 calories.
So today after my lunch and dinner and my walk I still have 800 calories left. This happens regularly as I go to bed early enough. 11pm. I could not possibly eat another 800 calories from now until bedtime. 100 to 200 max (so a smoothie most likely) I know it's bad to have so many calories left over. I'm usually under my weekly net calories by about 4000.

Replies

• nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel hungry, then don't worry about it unless your goal is to gain weight. If you are eating at too much of a deficit for a while your body will let you know by increasing hunger. Otherwise, I really wouldn't stress not eating enough
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your solids?

If so, and you're consistently under your calorie goal, eat more! Add oils to your cooking, have some nuts, eat an avocado, etc.

~Lyssa
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    MFP way over-estimates calories burned by exorcise. You're probably not that far under.
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MFP way over-estimates calories burned by exorcise. You're probably not that far under.

I have my fitbit synced. I've had it for about 5 weeks so I'm confident it's somewhat accurate. I only eat back 50% exercise calories. I always leave 200 calories at the end of day for inaccuracies in logging (if I didn't log the oil etc). Today is 1500 -976+590.
    B: 50 cals
    L: 205
    Dinner: 700 approx.
  • Sexynhealthy4v
    Sexynhealthy4v Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Have you tried adding in any mid day snacks as well and instead of coffee maybe do a veggie/fruit smoothie for breakfast
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding in any mid day snacks as well and instead of coffee maybe do a veggie/fruit smoothie for breakfast

I don't snack. A lot of this is mental. I'm scared to overeat even though I KNOW I'm fine. Been losing consistently 2 lbs a week. I guess I could have a smoothie as a mid morning snack. I just like basic strawberry banana and it's pretty low cal.

I'm just so full.
    Breakfast coffee was at 1030
    Lunch at 130
    Dinner at 530.
    That's my usual day. I'm so full after dinner because it's usually so high calorie that the thought of eating anything makes me cringe.

I did buy some cool whip and Graham cracker crumbs and peanut butter chips today that is starting to sound good lol
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I tend not to snack unless I'm hungry because I'd rather make sure I have plenty of calories for dinner. But you know your meals fairly routinely, so I'd say you have to remind yourself you always have plenty of calories left over.
    If you need some calorie dense food ideas, this is a pinned post that is excellent. - A list of calorie dense foods
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about incorporating some snacks after meals? I usually have a morning snack, and an afternoon snack! Maybe this will help good luck! :)