What event or date is motivating you right now?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    By the end of, the Summer I wanna go to; a nude beach! Since I still won't be "hot" though I, expect to; be arrested for indecent exposure but at least I'll have, a picture taken this year that; isn't a selfie to post as my avatar! I just hope they'll let, me get a tan 1st prior to; them hauling me to jail!

So are you saying you're gonna use your nude beach pic as your new avatar or your mugshot as your new avatar? ;)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    By the end of, the Summer I wanna go to; a nude beach! Since I still won't be "hot" though I, expect to; be arrested for indecent exposure but at least I'll have, a picture taken this year that; isn't a selfie to post as my avatar! I just hope they'll let, me get a tan 1st prior to; them hauling me to jail!

So are you saying you're gonna use your nude beach pic as your new avatar or your mugshot as your new avatar? ;)

Mugshot the only lenses that, I plan to break're on faces not; cameras! Plus they'll make me wear their, attire hopefully it's orange so that it won't clash with; my fully tanned skin tone!
  • jenilla1
    Options

Mugshot the only lenses that, I plan to break're on faces not; cameras! Plus they'll make me wear their, attire hopefully it's orange so that it won't clash with; my fully tanned skin tone!

Right on. You rock that nude beach...and then ROCK that orange jumpsuit! B)
  • Jkulp14
    Jkulp14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband joined the United states marine corp and is leaving for boot camp on sunday. His dedication and drive to get healthy and in shape plus our 1 year old daughter is a huge motivation factor! I want my husband and daughter to be proud of the me and I want to feel beautiful and confident in my own skin. Those are what motivate me the most.
  • jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was kinda thinking of joining roller derby next winter
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Right on. You rock that nude beach...and then ROCK that orange jumpsuit! B)

Thank you, lol! :D
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I started my MFP weight loss journey last May in the middle of my second Stand Up Paddleboarding Spring race season. I had lost about 15 lbs by the time Fall race season started, but I was still wearing tank tops over my sports bras as I wasn't comfortable showing my poochy belly. But it was nice to start to get many positive comments from my fellow racers as many had already noticed my weight loss. Still have a way to go for recomp, but this Spring season (which starts in less than 2 weeks), I'm happy to say, I'll probably be baring my leaner belly while racing as I'm now down nearly 30 lbs from last May (and need to get some more sun on my comparably pale mid-section). I love the paddling race community, because while there are some insanely fit folks, the racers come in all shapes and sizes and everyone is encouraging and motivating no matter how you look or where you finish. I just chose to want to move from a shape/size to become one of the more fit racers. I still have a goal to get at least a 4-pack (and I'm not talking wine coolers), because I know I'll be on lots of podiums in the future as I continue my SUP racing adventure...and I want to be that ol' lady with the 4 pack who all the young girls want to be when they get to be my age... ;)
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Visit with family in July.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pagey231 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    A cycling event at Easter.

I'm not fussed about losing weight, although I wouldn't mind dropping a few kg, but I'm training. I'm much more concerned about whether or not I'll be fit enough.

Get yourself a spin trainer ,, Do enough and often the weight will take care of itself ;-)

I cycle outside.

So far, in the month of March, I've done two 200 km events, two 100 km rides (one was an event, one was just a ride), and a heap of other shorter rides for a grand total of 976 km of cycling in March ... hoping to get in a 24 km ride before the end of March to round that off to 1000 km. :)

I do have a trainer (fluid trainer), but prefer to use it only on cold, rainy, windy days ... or when it is dark and one of cold, rainy, or windy. DST ends on April 1 and winter is coming, so I'll likely start using it more often for after work rides soon. I've also got my eye on a Monday spinning class which I might start once darkness starts to fall really early.

I've been maintaining my weight for about 18 months now, right in the middle of my normal BMI range. Dropping a few kg might be nice, but isn't really necessary. It's kind of a balancing act between fuelling all the riding I'm doing and trying to eat in a slight deficit. More important is getting that saddle time in.

Got the 1000 km this month with just over 7500 metres of climbing. :)
  • joolywoolysei
    joolywoolysei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Holiday in 12 weeks then I am a bridesmaid in September!! So its a 2 part goal....
  • quintessential1
    quintessential1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been in a Biggest Loser contest at my job since 1/3/2017. The contest ends next Monday! I hope to win-the jackpot is $400!!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Death! I want it to be as far away as possible :smile: Sure, cancer or something else might get me but at least I'm doing my part.

There is also a triathlon coming up in August and my birthday is also in August. I'm working my butt off to drop weight before I officially start doing serious training in April. If I don't make the triathlon but I keep the weight going off and hit 225 lbs by my birthday, I'll still be happy.
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday. The date is never far enough to lose motivation :smile:

The plan is to lose ~0.5 kg to 1 kg (1 to 2 lbs) every week until my body fat % gets to the target goal of 13%.

So, I am always eager to follow my diet, and step on the scales every Saturday to see that the effort paid off :blush:
  • theemsicle1986
    theemsicle1986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a holiday in 3 months. Need to get rid of the chubby cheeks for some nice snaps!
  • madisonm214
    madisonm214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting engaged sometime in the next year and I want to look back on pictures of that time and not be worried about how I looked
  • jenilla1
    Options
    My next blood cholesterol test is coming up in a few days. Crossing my fingers! :#
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    My next blood cholesterol test is coming up in a few days. Crossing my fingers! :#

Good luck!
  • jenilla1
    Options

Good luck!

Thanks! I need it...
  • RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No event or specific date. I'm doing it for me, no one else.
  • lapesadilla
    lapesadilla Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My brother's wedding in July. It's in a national park in the mountains in California (our home state), and my fiance and I have an amazing trip planned around it. I want us to be able to hike a steep switchbacky trail up to a certain remote mountain pass and take in the view - it'll be my fiance's (a Texan) first time above the treeline. It's been a long time since I was in "ten miles and 3000 feet of elevation gain" kind of shape and I really miss being able to just charge out on adventures without worried about being winded or my knees hurting. Looking good in a nice dress in the wedding photos ain't a bad motivator either.