Day 77

Options
So I have been on myfitnesspal on and off for quite a few years. I have had a problem with weight since my wife first got pregnant over 21 years ago. I was always on a roller coaster, gaining and losing but always gaining more than losing. A few years ago I started to get sick and it went undiagnosed for at least 3 years, maybe more. I lost the desire to lose weight and my weight crept up. Finally I was diagnosed with hypeparathyroidism and a large tumor was removed from near my spine in my neck. I slowly began to feel better. This last January I weighed in at 268, I am 5' 10". That was the heaviest I have ever been.

I decided one day to get back on myfitnesspal and be serious this time, I want to be around for my grand kids when they come. I have been nearly obsessive over logging my calories and have tried a more low carb, high protein approach. I have only had a couple of days where I did not stay under my calorie goal and have logged all my food for 77 days now, sometimes I don't log vegetables though, trying to get better about that. I do some exercise, walking/jogging a couple of times a week outside or on the treadmill and I play volleyball once a week for a couple of hours with some friends. I weigh myself every morning just to keep motivated and I log my weight once a week. I am now down 32 pounds and feel 100% better. My goal is to get below 200, and stay there! My wife started doing it with me also and that has helped, she has lost 12 pounds! I plan on exercising more often now that I can do it without killing my knees and feet. Thanks for letting me share.

Replies

• RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    you go, guy!
  • greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. 77 days. great!
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep it up!
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!
  • ScottishRob1
    ScottishRob1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support!!
  • cklguy11
    cklguy11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great work. It's interesting to see your weight loss is about a pound a week, that's what I'm seeing as well, so unfortunately no quick fix, we just have to stay at it day in and day out.
  • ScottishRob1
    ScottishRob1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 119, things are still gong well. I appreciate the support. I am down 36 pounds and, although the weight loss has been really slow for a while, I still feel better than I have in years. Temptations are easier to fight off and I am not hungry all the time. Keep it up to all of you out there! We can do this!
    In it for the long haul.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!