Guys, Do You Care About A Woman's Style?

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I've been known to frequent grocery stores in full on stage make up cause I've stopped after a competition or I've worn a skating dress because I just don't want to have to change twice.

But really we should dress for ourselves and wear what make us feel comfortable. I do think though that our outer appearance does project an image, we are visual beings...we've all had our head turned by someone who is dressed nicely or is dressed in something shocking.

Haha I've totally been the weirdo at the grocery store with stage makeup and dance costumes on. Sometimes, you're just too damn tired to be bothered.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I've been known to frequent grocery stores in full on stage make up cause I've stopped after a competition or I've worn a skating dress because I just don't want to have to change twice.

But really we should dress for ourselves and wear what make us feel comfortable. I do think though that our outer appearance does project an image, we are visual beings...we've all had our head turned by someone who is dressed nicely or is dressed in something shocking.

Haha I've totally been the weirdo at the grocery store with stage makeup and dance costumes on. Sometimes, you're just too damn tired to be bothered.

It's fun at like 8 am wandering in with your hair and make up done to get coffee or snacks and people looking at you like you are just coming home from work. It's a stye...an odd one but still style right?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Care? Only insofar the style is conducive to the myriad of outdoor activities I enjoy, I leave it alone.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Care? Only insofar the style is conducive to the myriad of outdoor activities I enjoy, I leave it alone.

so like no stilettos while hiking?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, I only care about "style" insofar as it gives some insight into the woman's personality. Going to great lengths to develop or nurture a personal style seems contraindicated to me. But preferring one type of clothing over another - say preferring hippie skirts over jeans, or liking hats, or disliking boots - doesn't matter.

That said, Mrs Jruzer mostly dresses functionally, but she can turn up the hot suburban mom vibe when she wants.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My husband says he's attracted to women who look comfortable. He doesn't mean sloppy. He means put together without looking like she's trying too hard.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I prefer my women to be classy dress like a woman. Heels, nice bag etc. Can't be with a woman who wearz Nike air my trainers as a daily wear. For running and gym its fine. Also long hair, none of that short hair, men lookalike thing. Also not a shank either. Fake gold and stuff. Last but not least, over doing the make up as though you are competing with face painting :smiley:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    I prefer my women to be classy dress like a woman. Heels, nice bag etc. Can't be with a woman who wearz Nike air my trainers as a daily wear. For running and gym its fine. Also long hair, none of that short hair, men lookalike thing. Also not a shank either. Fake gold and stuff. Last but not least, over doing the make up as though you are competing with face painting :smiley:

You try wearing heels everyday. LOL!! Come the weekend I'm all about flip flops or tennis shoes.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The more important question is- Do you care if he cares? I don't care.
  • kaizaku
    Options

You try wearing heels everyday. LOL!! Come the weekend I'm all about flip flops or tennis shoes.

You women should teach me about heels. Heels come in various hight not only 6inch. :lol: I don't think I can wear heels for one minute nevermind everyday, unless you want me to twist my ankle and become crippled :fearful:
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

You women should teach me about heels. Heels come in various hight not only 6inch. :lol: I don't think I can wear heels for one minute nevermind everyday, unless you want me to twist my ankle and become crippled :fearful:

I wear flats whenever I can. Like today... it's a business casual day so I have flats on. When I wear pants suits I'll wear heels. And they aren't that high. I do have a couple of 5+ inch heels (for a fun night out, or in) but most of my work ones are maybe 2-3 inches.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Define style?

zb3gt8bb8ku6.png

^ the perfect woman doesn't exi...

She's only got three legs and she's got something weird going on with her arms but yeah.. looking good.
  • kaizaku
    Options

I wear flats whenever I can. Like today... it's a business casual day so I have flats on. When I wear pants suits I'll wear heels. And they aren't that high. I do have a couple of 5+ inch heels (for a fun night out, or in) but most of my work ones are maybe 2-3 inches.

Wow. Another. benefits of heels. Smack someome who annoys you :smile:
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

Wow. Another. benefits of heels. Smack someome who annoys you :smile:

LOL
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Is pain in the a** a style?

God I hope so.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    My husband says he's attracted to women who look comfortable. He doesn't mean sloppy. He means put together without looking like she's trying too hard.

AKA - high maint women.

Jeans, ball cap, let's go.

Partly that, yeah.

But he also recognizes that different women feel comfortable in different things. High heels and mini skirts don't look great on a person who is self conscious in them. Doc Martins and skinny jeans only look great on someone who is comfortable that way. A confident person has style, even at home in jammies.

I have a friend who has always been tall and slim with a nice flat tummy. When we were crazy little club hoppers I once convinced her to wear a half shirt because I thought she'd look great in it. But she was so self-conscious, that she just looked ridiculous and awkward. Learned my lesson. Personality has to influence personal style.

Yeah, I think style matters, but I don't think anyone should alter his or her style to attract a partner. Be you, and attract people who like you.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Black and white classy chic is what I go for because I please me not concerned if anyone else likes it
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I cant believe this question was asked...