What's your favorite place to buy workout clothes? Esp for runners

Options
Hi! It's getting warmer and I've lost enough weight that I'm gonna have to get some new workout clothes! Where is your favorite places to get them??

Also, I am a curvy gal and my thighs rub, any suggestion on shorts for running? Shorts always ride up and end up in my crotch and then my thighs are rubbing painfully.

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I do have an UA outlet nearby! Good options
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Under armor is basically my whole work out wardrobe! Shop at outlets, tj max, or 6 pm for super cheap stuff. I've never paid full price.
  • BarbellsandPonytails578
    Options
    Under Armour and The Gap are my favs!
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I used to buy a lot on clearance at Sports Authority...

I find the Under Armour outlet near me never had good deals. Nike outlet usually is better. I prefer Adidas and Asics clothes more so I'm sol there.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ Is great. If you are in central CA, they are a real store in SLO too.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I like Kohls also. They carry a few brands (Nike, Fila) in addition to Tek Gear which I assume is a 'store brand'.

I have ordered a few items from Amazon by a line called Baleaf that I'm happy with so far.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports, Target, TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall's are my go tos.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, outlets (particularly the Saucony outlet. I love their shorts), Target, Amazon sales.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Consignment shops and yard sales. I am cheap...
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi! It's getting warmer and I've lost enough weight that I'm gonna have to get some new workout clothes! Where is your favorite places to get them??

Also, I am a curvy gal and my thighs rub, any suggestion on shorts for running? Shorts always ride up and end up in my crotch and then my thighs are rubbing painfully.

Target, Marshalls, TJ Max. Also H&M. I used to buy stuff at places like Dicks, but honestly the quality is no better there, and the prices are outrageous. No more throwing my $ away. :)

I am not a fan of the super-tight compression shorts. I feel like my thighs are stuffed into sausage casings, and frankly it looks about that way as well. :p My thighs are just too dang jiggly (a combination of fat and age I think) and I think most of those shorts just look awful on me. I like the longer, looser styles. They are out there, you just have to hunt for them.

I just bought this pair a few weeks ago. They are longer than I wanted, but I love the pocket on the side. I wear a size 10, and I bought an XL. (I have never understood the sizing on workout clothing! )

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J14HN5U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have some more expensive brands from REI (yay dividend!), TJ Maxx/Ross (obviously marked down ;)) but Old Navy is my go-to, especially on sale! I love their compression capris and workout tops. Their running shorts are not bad, either; they flare out at a little at the sides for my taste. My favorite running shorts are Brooks.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Nike outlet for running shorts
    Eastbay for compression gear
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Target C9 shorts or capris on clearance.

Chaffing is an equal opportunity problem.

I like the hanes cotton shorts for a cover up... good waistband, good pockets.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    www.grrrl.com

My favorite workout apparel. Great quality for a decent price and it makes you feel like a badass.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Consignment shops and yard sales. I am cheap...

And thrift shops - have founds some amazing (new with tags) stuff there.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I like my old navy capri's. I don't do shorts because of my thick thighs. It makes any workout extremely uncomfortable and frustrating. Compression shorts just bunch and end up rolling up, looser shorts just gather and ride up...it's just not fun.
  • WhitneyDurham777
    WhitneyDurham777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It is pretty pricey stuff, but I can't get enough of Salomon gear. Capris in the spring and fall. Shorts in the summer. There S/Lab stuff is to die for. Usually, wait until the end of the year clearances and then stock up.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I like Kohl's, too. They usually have really good prices and sales on high-quality stuff. I like the Adidas bras and I've got some of the Tek gear shorts and capris and they're good.

Although actually, I bought a running bra for about $6 at Forever 21 a few months ago, because I was traveling and hadn't packed appropriately and the Forever 21 was right there. And that's turned into one of my favorite running bras.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm a Target girl. Have a pair of capris from there that I'm almost wearing a hole through. Great for running, walking, rowing, biking... I'm just not a shorts person for working out. Plus side to capris is that I rarely feel any chafe unless I'm out in the rain and they are soaked.