The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Options
2»

Replies

• toddandwendy3
    toddandwendy3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I read it and quit. Then started again. Dam mit. I suppose I could try rereading it.
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone. I quit last February after 21 years smoking - quit a few times before too but never stuck. I quit this time cold turkey - with a little help from upstairs I think. I bought the book years ago - and I think I only read to maybe chapter 2.....I never gave it the time of day, but I guess I wasn't truly ready. One thing I will say is I wish I didn't have the weight gain lol as to be honest that's why I'm here. But - it was a great decision, have saved a TON of money ($16 a pack-ish), feel better. It was easier than I thought, but still never easy - I found it hardest between 4-8 months in. I didn't want the replacement just because I know me - addictive personality. I smoked cigarello's/cigars during that time to get me over but only socially when drinking - and surprisingly didn't have any urge to smoke cigarettes or to start smoking again. I think that was just more habit too, but that's even going away now and don't find it tempting to smoke when drinking. I think we all experience it differently and all that matters is we did it, somehow and some way. Congrats and high fives to all of us!!! :)
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Going to order this book! I've quit and started back up about a half dozen times over the years. Thanks for the info!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It comes down to will power. I'm aware everyone is different but you can do it. My father who is almost in his mid 70's use to smoke but quitted. Been 10+ years or so.

I remember another elderly man who use to smoke 80cigs aday but quitted. He was in his 60's, smoked most of his life.

Cutting down is the best way about it. Although I'm not a smoker.
  • dlobato1989
    dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The thing about will power is you will always be miserable always wanting it but cant have it.... He talks about willpower as well and with his method it takes zero willpower. So you become a happy non smoker rather than fighting against it you find that you dont have to fight. You just dont want it. So you are happy rather than miserable... Knowing that there is absolutely nothing to give up there is zero willpower needed.
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think you just need a good pneumonia for a week or two to ditch it. Worked like a charm and it costed me like 0 bucks.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info, I'm still smoking & will buy the book. I do make my own, so It's not that expensive
  • dlobato1989
    dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have not read it. My problem is i undereat not overeat and i would think his book helped with overeating. But MFP and OMAD seem to be working wonders for me... 20lbs down in 4 weeks...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!