Quest bars

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Jazznit wrote: »
    i have the birthday cake one. Nothing to rave about. tastes like a protein bar. keep a stash at my desk and have it when i get hangry.

Birthday cake? I didnt know Quest did that flavour.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I love Quest bars (and shakes). The blueberry muffin bar is may fav and (or sometimes with) the salted caramel shake. You can find a bunch of mixed sample boxes of Amazon. A few are really dreadful.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just recently got a free sample bar of their newest flavor Mocha Chocolate Chip. I immediately purchased a box. I'm not a coffee fan at all, but this flavor is probably one of the best tasting I've ever had, as far as protein bars, in general.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've tried a few different kinds... the texture kills it for me.

Personally they don't fill me up. You'd be better off planning a good breakfast. If you get up early like me or you're not a morning person, prep it for the week.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use them for travel, and when I am on the go. If you can find them on sale, not bad. They are overall, not bad nutrition, but as JB said, much better to plan a good breakfast.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I used to use them as a filler on a long commute home (1.5-2 hrs driving). Mostly what I consider to be the "least objectionable" flavor - vanilla almond. They're ok, macros not too bad if you allow them to fit into your dailies. Don't leave them in your car in the hot months. I like that they're not all crumbly, as some other bars can be.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Jazznit wrote: »
    i have the birthday cake one. Nothing to rave about. tastes like a protein bar. keep a stash at my desk and have it when i get hangry.

are you sure its quest? never heard of or seen a quest birthday cake one?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JinjoJoey wrote: »
    I just recently got a free sample bar of their newest flavor Mocha Chocolate Chip. I immediately purchased a box. I'm not a coffee fan at all, but this flavor is probably one of the best tasting I've ever had, as far as protein bars, in general.

Agreed! My new favorite!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I really like the chocolate cookie dough. It's a little sweet though. I eat it when I'm cravings sweets.
  • ohyes135
    ohyes135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's very filling... lots of protein and fiber. Some taste good but others not really. Try them all and you'll see which you like best.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Contemplating trying these myself, as I was a longtime Quest fan, and a lifelong coffee lover. I feel though, that it seems too good to be true, and I will end up with all of the disappointment, much like I did with their horrible chocolate mint bar, as I had always loved mint everything.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat the Quest Cereal protein bars for breakfast most mornings and they keep me full. I haven't found a bad flavor with the cereal bars and I've tried all three flavors, but the cinnamon roll is my favorite.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Save 2$/bar and buy the Kirkland knockoffs from Costco. They have Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate Chunk for a fraction of the cost. Ingredients and macros are identical (maybe 10 cals less for Kirkland ones) I love the knockoffs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Contemplating trying these myself, as I was a longtime Quest fan, and a lifelong coffee lover. I feel though, that it seems too good to be true, and I will end up with all of the disappointment, much like I did with their horrible chocolate mint bar, as I had always loved mint everything.

It tasted like coffee ice cream to me, @Gallowmere1984. I would think if you like coffee ice cream, you'd like this one. But I liked the choc mint, so there's that.
  • stepherdawn
    stepherdawn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate raspberry Quest bars are really good!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Save 2$/bar and buy the Kirkland knockoffs from Costco. They have Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate Chunk for a fraction of the cost. Ingredients and macros are identical (maybe 10 cals less for Kirkland ones) I love the knockoffs.

Same here, but I also like the variety that Quest and others provide. The Kirkland bars give me the leverage to hang on until the really good sales.
  • RunningGoal
    RunningGoal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just tried my first one today - the smores bar. I've been looking for something quick, easy and with decent protein and fiber for breakfast. It wasn't bad and since it was so easy, I'll probably try some other flavors.

I picked it up at Trader Joe's for $2.39 a bar which seems like a pretty good deal.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    fascha wrote: »

Same here, but I also like the variety that Quest and others provide. The Kirkland bars give me the leverage to hang on until the really good sales.

Can you give any insight as to when/where you find the Quest bars on sale? I've never managed to find them on sale.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    They're ridiculously expensive for what they are. $40 for a box of 12?! No thank you. Just buy an oh Henry if you want a tasty snack. They're nothing special and won't give you any sort of extra edge in your weightloss/progression journey

If you buy online it's about $25 for a box of 12 - - they always have free shipping codes out there. Some taste better than others. I like the Blueberry Muffin, S'mores, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Brownie.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    tink11464 wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    They're ridiculously expensive for what they are. $40 for a box of 12?! No thank you. Just buy an oh Henry if you want a tasty snack. They're nothing special and won't give you any sort of extra edge in your weightloss/progression journey

If you buy online it's about $25 for a box of 12 - - they always have free shipping codes out there. Some taste better than others. I like the Blueberry Muffin, S'mores, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Brownie.

@jessef593 might be in Australia, they cost between $40-$48 for a box of 12 here. Quest protein powder is even more ridiculous, $64 for a tub :frowning: