Nothing seems to be working

Options
2»

Replies

• BlueScoobie02
    BlueScoobie02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are right on track, keep it up! Also, remember that the number on the scale isn't the most important measurement. If you are lifting weights, you'll be gaining muscle. If you are using more calories than you are eating, you are doing it right. You're overall fitness will improve at at faster rate than the scale shows. Great job!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You are right on track, keep it up! Also, remember that the number on the scale isn't the most important measurement. If you are lifting weights, you'll be gaining muscle. If you are using more calories than you are eating, you are doing it right. You're overall fitness will improve at at faster rate than the scale shows. Great job!

Gaining muscle on 1350 calories? Highly unlikely. Most people strength train while on a deficit to help retain existing lean muscle. Besides it's slow going for women to gain muscle under he best of circumstances (calorie surplus, adequate protein, and a progressive lifting program).....OP is "cardio mostly."
  • roperrocky
    roperrocky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    roperrocky wrote: »
    I will just calculate 50%-75% of what the machine says then. That's good to know. Thank you. And I have to say, when I posted something I wasn't sure of what type of response I'd get. I am pleasantly surprised and appreciate all the kinds word, wisdom and encouragement. Wonderful experience.
    I will stay the course and keep my expectations reasonable. :smile:

<3
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,665 Member
    Options
    It's working fine. You're just expecting too much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png