Quest bars

Options
13»

Replies

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I quite like the Cookies and Cream, Smores, Cookie Dough, and Blueberry Muffin flavors (I avoid the ones 200+ cal). I'll have one on days where I need protein and extra fiber, but that's not every day.

Banana muffin was god-awful though. I could not make myself eat that one.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    fascha wrote: »
    Save 2$/bar and buy the Kirkland knockoffs from Costco. They have Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate Chunk for a fraction of the cost. Ingredients and macros are identical (maybe 10 cals less for Kirkland ones) I love the knockoffs.

Same here, but I also like the variety that Quest and others provide. The Kirkland bars give me the leverage to hang on until the really good sales.

Can you give any insight as to when/where you find the Quest bars on sale? I've never managed to find them on sale.

I follow a deal aggregation site called Slickdeals.net. I have a keyword alert set up for "Quest", so I get an e-mail when there's a deal on Quest bars. It's usually something along the lines of $18 per box with free shipping, but occasionally I can get them for even less, usually when they're about to expire.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I used to have one every night (within my calorie allowance). I think they stalled my weight loss. The carbs on the packet are not necessarily right - some people absorb at least half of the sugar alcohol as sugar (I'm Keto).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I used to have one every night (within my calorie allowance). I think they stalled my weight loss. The carbs on the packet are not necessarily right - some people absorb at least half of the sugar alcohol as sugar (I'm Keto).

Did you replace a part of your diet or just add it as a treat? Because if you only added food without subtracting somewhere else, i am not surprised because you added calories.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    tink11464 wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    They're ridiculously expensive for what they are. $40 for a box of 12?! No thank you. Just buy an oh Henry if you want a tasty snack. They're nothing special and won't give you any sort of extra edge in your weightloss/progression journey

If you buy online it's about $25 for a box of 12 - - they always have free shipping codes out there. Some taste better than others. I like the Blueberry Muffin, S'mores, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Brownie.

@jessef593 might be in Australia, they cost between $40-$48 for a box of 12 here. Quest protein powder is even more ridiculous, $64 for a tub :frowning:

Whoa. That sucks! I bought my very first box directly from Quest, just to show direct support, for $24.99 total, but after that, I've never paid more than I've never paid more than $1.70 a bar from other retailers.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    They're ridiculously expensive for what they are. $40 for a box of 12?! No thank you. Just buy an oh Henry if you want a tasty snack. They're nothing special and won't give you any sort of extra edge in your weightloss/progression journey

If you buy online it's about $25 for a box of 12 - - they always have free shipping codes out there. Some taste better than others. I like the Blueberry Muffin, S'mores, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Brownie.

@jessef593 might be in Australia, they cost between $40-$48 for a box of 12 here. Quest protein powder is even more ridiculous, $64 for a tub :frowning:

Whoa. That sucks! I bought my very first box directly from Quest, just to show direct support, for $24.99 total, but after that, I've never paid more than I've never paid more than $1.70 a bar from other retailers.

Yeah it does. I order my protein powder from England, all the protein bars i like are American, and now icecream from the US (Halotop). It must not be worth it for Australian manufactures to bring out their own decent and comparable products. I've tried a couple Aussie brands, not impressed one bit :confounded:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Yeah it does. I order my protein powder from England, all the protein bars i like are American, and now icecream from the US (Halotop). It must not be worth it for Australian manufactures to bring out their own decent and comparable products. I've tried a couple Aussie brands, not impressed one bit :confounded:

Do you have Aldi in Oz? They have a couple of really good ones in their Elevation line. 20 g of protein. Unfortunately, not as much fiber as Quest and only 2 flavors so far. On the other hand, they are really tasty and make me feel like I am eating a candy bar.

When Quest changed their formula I went looking for an alternative. Couldn't find a good bar with fiber so I started adding both soluble and insoluble fiber to my yogurt to get enough fiber in.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Do you have Aldi in Oz? They have a couple of really good ones in their Elevation line. 20 g of protein. Unfortunately, not as much fiber as Quest and only 2 flavors so far. On the other hand, they are really tasty and make me feel like I am eating a candy bar.

When Quest changed their formula I went looking for an alternative. Couldn't find a good bar with fiber so I started adding both soluble and insoluble fiber to my yogurt to get enough fiber in.

Yeah we do have Aldi. I briefly checked out their stuff last week, but can't remember seeing Elevation. I will definitely go back and check properly next time I'm down there.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Did you replace a part of your diet or just add it as a treat? Because if you only added food without subtracting somewhere else, i am not surprised because you added calories.

Thank you, I am not dumb. I said "within my calories" indicating that they were, in fact, within my calories. The same calories as I eat now but made up of other food not including quest bars.