Pre-workout supplements

Options

Replies

• Iwannabfit76
    Iwannabfit76 Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Agmatine is derived from LArginine in purest form. The benefits are amazing for me.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Cup of coffee. You're more than likely not a high level athlete and 99% of pre workouts on the market are quite literally fruity flavoured coffee with overhyped, under dosed supplements that truly don't benefit you more than a banana 1hr before and a cup of coffee 15-30 minutes before working out. The main factor in pre workouts is the placebo effect.

Someone stops in to get a coffee to go on the way to the gym and no one bats an eye, I drink a pre workout (same cost) and people say its the devil.

Bloody *kitten*.

Can you name everything in your pre workout along with their dosing versus the actual required dosing to see a benefit on physical output? I have no problem with pre workouts. I make my own from proven supplements using correct dosing.

For the ingredients I care about, yes.

Which are?

• johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    c4 is great to have before training
  • graceanthony19
    graceanthony19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use Energize and I love it! 800mg of Beta Alanine, green tea provides natural caffeine, and it is sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweeteners!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I use C4. It is made for women. Well that's what the seller said when I first brought it. When I paid attention to the ingredients I saw why. It has the lowest amount of creatine than the other pre work out drinks. Creatine is a ingredient that can make you big. I like this one. It helps with high cardio workout as well as lifting. I asked a similar question a month ago and I didn't get a respond.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I make sure I'm hydrated.

Personally I don't need a stimulant, or a placebo.

This. Fix the root cause of why you think you need a stimulant.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I use Energize and I love it! 800mg of Beta Alanine, green tea provides natural caffeine, and it is sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweeteners!

What is natural caffeine and why is it better for you?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I use C4. It is made for women. Well that's what the seller said when I first brought it. When I paid attention to the ingredients I saw why. It has the lowest amount of creatine than the other pre work out drinks. Creatine is a ingredient that can make you big. I like this one. It helps with high cardio workout as well as lifting. I asked a similar question a month ago and I didn't get a respond.

C4 is not made for women. Creatine does not "make you big". It doesn't help with cardio because it raises your heart rate.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I use sour patch kids and coffee.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

C4 I'd not made for women, the seller was feeding you a line of *kitten* to get a sale it's made for anyone that puts down the money for it.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    cjack6814 wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on pre-workout supplements and what is the best one to use?

My thoughts on pre-workout supplements? I don't see the need for any and no one, to date, has provided a reason why one would be needed. I get to the gym, warm up, work out, cool down and stretch. Seems to work just fine. Everyone who uses a pre-work out substance tells us which one they use but never a reason for using. If you "need" something to get started, perhaps there is a problem with your regular diet, sleep pattern, or some other aspect of your life. Just my $0.02.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I really love Vega Pre-Workout Energizer. Keeps me going without any word side effects and doesn't contain anything shady
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Espresso and candy works for me
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    The Beta Alanine tingling is just a side effect, but I still like it ;-)

My pre-workout stack includes creatine, citrulline malate, beta alanine, taurine and caffeine. I buy in bulk and mix myself because it's significantly cheaper and I can ensure proper dosing.
  • jessef593
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    The Beta Alanine tingling is just a side effect, but I still like it ;-)

My pre-workout stack includes creatine, citrulline malate, beta alanine, taurine and caffeine. I buy in bulk and mix myself because it's significantly cheaper and I can ensure proper dosing.

Yeah man! That's my stack minus the beta alanine. It tends to bring on a sense of a nausea for me.

• leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tried a non-stimulant pre-workout, but I didn't like how the Beta alanine made me feel like pins and needles all over. I think I already drink too much coffee for it to do anything for my workouts. I'll take creatine when I'm lifting heavy, but normally I just do some BCAAs.
  • jessef593
    Options

Wait what? Actually creatine has absolutely no effect on muscle growth. It increases maximal potential for muscular power out put. By increasing your ATP levels which is the energy used to contract your muscles. Please explain how creatine makes you big? Also if you think any supplements are made specifically for women someones been lying to you. My gym started selling this "estrogen break down" supplement which is supposed to lower your estrogen levels. So I asked if I could use that when taking trenbolone so that I wouldn't have to worry about developing gyno panz any other desirable effects associated with raised estrogen levels. They stopped in their tracks and abruptly said yes. Just to sell me a supplement which was "designed for women"

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Espresso and candy works for me

And this is why we are friends!
  • BlueScoobie02
    BlueScoobie02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Wait what? Actually creatine has absolutely no effect on muscle growth. It increases maximal potential for muscular power out put. By increasing your ATP levels which is the energy used to contract your muscles. Please explain how creatine makes you big? Also if you think any supplements are made specifically for women someones been lying to you. My gym started selling this "estrogen break down" supplement which is supposed to lower your estrogen levels. So I asked if I could use that when taking trenbolone so that I wouldn't have to worry about developing gyno panz any other desirable effects associated with raised estrogen levels. They stopped in their tracks and abruptly said yes. Just to sell me a supplement which was "designed for women"

Because being able to life more will make you bigger than being able to lift less?
  • jessef593
    Options

Because being able to life more will make you bigger than being able to lift less?

Yes. But a caloric surplus is needed for that to happen. It doesn't directly influence increase muscle mass purely by taking it. That is what I was getting at.