30 DAY gym challenge was a success!

Options
Hello folks. I am new to the site and like it very much. I have been on a diet since mid november of last year. I weighed 290 then. Now I am at 248. I found that diet alone was not doing it for me. Well it was until I plateaud. I lost 28 pounds or so just watching my calorie intake then hit a wall for 6 weeks and did not lose a pound. Finally I got off my lazy but and hit the gym. Hard. For 30 days straight. 30th day was yesterday. All I can tell you is try the gym. Period. Walk at first. Then ride a bike. Do not run. Go for an hour a day and shoot for 300 to 500 calories burned each day. Do it. Do a 30 DAY Challenge. Here is why. Turns out you will watch every single calorie you ingest when you go to the gym and sweat for 30 days straight. You will. The gym validates the diet. Without both the diet will fail. Ask me how I know. In conclusion of going to the gym AND laser focusing on my diet I have lost 14ish pounds in 30 days! I am now down 42 pounds since last November and feel strength in my legs as I rode the bike most days. Max heart rate is 220. Subtract your age. Now multiply that number by 60 to 70 percent. Keep your heart rate in that range and you WILL lose weight. Do not focus on food consumption only. This app is great BUT you better be working your body as well. Be well and God Bless!

Replies

• jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    great job , totally agree exercise is just as important or maybe more than the food intake .
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great advice!! Though I wouldn't completely discourage everyone from running. I'm doing couch to 5k because I really want to run a half marathon someday. Other than that though, everything is so true! While the diet is the most important (saying being, "you can't out-train a bad diet"), the gym is so so important! Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the exercise and healthy eating! It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!