What do you eat for lunch when working in an office?

Options
124»

Replies

• thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can have just about anything!! Always have some fruit or veggies. You can proportion nuts! Make salads or a nice healthy sandwich. Or even a cold pasta with veggie bowl!! Or even carrots and celery!! Anything really.
  • thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When you make a meal at home make double So you can bring the left over for lunch the next day
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I cook lunches for the week on the weekend, as I don't mind having the same thing every day. This week its chicken, brown rice and broccoli bake. Last week, chicken and veg soup, week before, Moroccan lentil and eggplant bake...
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sunday food prepper here too, I plan the week, pre-log and THEN go to the market. My meals are planned around workouts. Salad or wrap, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese. But I always have a lean cuisine as back up. Planning is key for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    Chicken, rice, and veg ... most days.
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    left overs, fruit and some jerky or similar for the afternoon. I also try to not take spending money so I am not able to go to a cafe and buy anything.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I admire those who do "batch cooking" for the entire week. You folks must be very easygoing to tolerate reheated food.

Somehow my wife doesn't mind cooking fresh everyday. She doesn't think it's work when hunger is her motivation.

When the food is frozen, it really doesn't taste "reheated". I am not a fan of refrigerator leftovers at all, but if make a chicken pot pie, and portion-freeze it, it tastes just like I took it out of the oven. I really find that to be the case with most things.

And I like cooking, but I don't have the time to "cook fresh" every day. I just got home, and I left the house at 8:30 this morning. :| Most of my weekdays are like that.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    Today I had pizza.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I admire those who do "batch cooking" for the entire week. You folks must be very easygoing to tolerate reheated food.

Somehow my wife doesn't mind cooking fresh everyday. She doesn't think it's work when hunger is her motivation.

It's more food that is eaten fresh for me, such as fruits and veggies. Tuna or salmon salad are eaten cold. If I bring chicken, I do reheat that.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Considering I pull 10-12 hour days at work, unless I want very quick meals of an evening, batch cooking is the only option unless we want to eat at 9:30pm, particularly in winter when I was food like a stew, casserole, food baked in the oven etc.

And generally if your food doesn't taste like *kitten* when you first make it, it will remain tasty when reheated for a decent amount of time in the fridge, so long as you practice decent food hygiene.