;)
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Banana
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Now I know why the one I tried (came as a "free" thing with an order) made me have the pins and needles feeling especially in my ears and a bit on my face:Beta alanine. I did not like that...

Might need to just go back to straight creatine and a cup of joe.

Any thoughts on BETAINE? From the ad for this particular preworkout (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/vapor-x5-next-gen-pre-workout.html)
    "Betaine is one of the hottest new musclebuilding ingredients thanks to its ability to increase gains in lean muscle, strength and power! In fact, test subjects who supplemented with the exact 2.5g dose of betaine in 2 scoops of VaporX5™ Next Gen built 3.75 lbs. of lean muscle in 6 weeks compared to 0.66 lbs. by the placebo group. That’s over 4 times more muscle (vs. the placebo)! Betaine has been shown in a separate study to also enhance muscle endurance. In this study, active college males taking 2.5g of betaine per day for 2 weeks improved muscle endurance (squats) and increased the quality of repetitions performed!

Cholewa et al., 2013. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 10:39.

Hoffman et al., 2009. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 6:7."
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    C4 isn't made for women, but the blue fizz flavor is awfully tasty. That's the one I use. I use a little less than a full scoop because otherwise it makes me a little queasy and the beta alanine tingles get annoying.
  • graceanthony19
    graceanthony19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use Energize and I love it! 800mg of Beta Alanine, green tea provides natural caffeine, and it is sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweeteners!

What is natural caffeine and why is it better for you?

Meaning naturally occurring caffeine from plant sources as opposed to synthetic caffeine produced in laboratories and manufactured in factories.

I think it's pretty obvious why natural caffeine would be better for you, but if your not sure, synthetic caffeine is made by a chemical synthesis of urea as the raw material. It's also possibly exposed to other chemicals like methylene chloride, and ethyl acetate.
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i make my own preworkout i use beta alanine, l citruline malate 2.1 ratio, creatine monohydrate, caffeine, l theanine, green tea extract powder 50% egcg, i buy all these supplements in bulk and mix my own, its a lot cheaper to buy in bulk and make your own, than to buy from big box supplement companies that under dose the supplements, they make it so you have to take more and when you run out you have too buy more, at 30.00 to 60.00 dollars for month supply you can spend alot of money at the big box supplement companies
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I use Energize and I love it! 800mg of Beta Alanine, green tea provides natural caffeine, and it is sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweeteners!

What is natural caffeine and why is it better for you?

Meaning naturally occurring caffeine from plant sources as opposed to synthetic caffeine produced in laboratories and manufactured in factories.

I think it's pretty obvious why natural caffeine would be better for you, but if your not sure, synthetic caffeine is made by a chemical synthesis of urea as the raw material. It's also possibly exposed to other chemicals like methylene chloride, and ethyl acetate.

Both of those ingredients are used to decaffeinate coffee beans actually, and ethyl acetate is the only realistic organic compound that is used these days. Ethyl acetate is an ester that is found naturally in fruits and vegetables such as bananas, apples and coffee. Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction, and water extraction is also used as other methods but I guess they don't make up fancy names as the other two compounds.
    The notions of toxicity are exaggrated honestly, as you can overdose and die from caffeine too. You usually see those claims on vendors that sell "natural caffeine".

As for chemical synthesis of urea , I have no idea what you mean. All the caffeine supplements are actually by-products of the decaffeination of the coffee beans. There is no need for chemically synthizing it. Unless its a research paper finding a novel method for it.