200 pounds to lose.

Options
2»

Replies

• nannon0502
    nannon0502 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I start to get frustrated when I do everything right (log accurately, stay within suggested calories, increase water intake, reduce sodium, increase veggies, added exercises) and I still don't lose, or even gain weight (like today). I know that it's a long road, but sometimes I just get so frustrated that I'm doing everything right, but am making no progress. I'm determined, though, to stick with it and hope that the scale starts going my way!
  • williamjlunn
    williamjlunn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. I would just be starving by lunch time then I would blow my calories for the day. I found that keeping some of the 4oz tuna cans by my desk has really helped I have one at about 10 am, and that takes me through till 130 when I take my lunch.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    nannon0502 wrote: »
    I start to get frustrated when I do everything right (log accurately, stay within suggested calories, increase water intake, reduce sodium, increase veggies, added exercises) and I still don't lose, or even gain weight (like today). I know that it's a long road, but sometimes I just get so frustrated that I'm doing everything right, but am making no progress. I'm determined, though, to stick with it and hope that the scale starts going my way!

i get the frustration with the slow moving / backward moving scale. if you are doing everything right though, the scale will move eventually. it may be slow, and it won't be linear. a salty meal can bump me up 3 lbs for a few days easily as i'm sensitive to sodium apparently. TOM for women will also mask weight loss. if you've started a new workout routine or upped the intensity you're going to hold onto water for a bit too. there are what seems like a million reasons that your weight can stall but eventually it's going to succumb to the laws of physics and start decreasing.

i find that weighing every day and using a trending app like happy scale helps take the edge off the fluctuations and shows me my overall trend is downward. other people weigh once a week or once a month. figure out which makes you less stressed and weigh then.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I hear ya it is frustrating- I do Keto now- it is a way of life eating for me- no hunger and much more results and a serious way of eating- read read read- go to forum- try it- you may find it helps you too- but with all things read and get educated when comes to your health- I believe I'll be reading your success posts soon- no matter what woe you choose- you ve not given up- you're reaching out-so keep on keeping on- can't wait see your success pics soon-
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options

@danalikebanana
    "And why has it taken me so long to learn these things?"

I'll bet you a banana It took me longer to learn how to lose AND KEEP IT OFF!

I began my WLJ (this time) at age 65 four years ago! Now I'm 69 yo but I have lost 155#. (376 to 221)

Do it while your YOUNG because it just gets harder with age.

Find a group, a plan. a friend that will help you with the struggle. I joined WW,

Find a simple exercise that you enjoy and stick with it, I discovered I like aqua aerobics, swimming laps and walking my dog. No crazy workout routines but I do MOVE more now than I did sitting at my desk job.
    I retired in 2010 and losing that 155# has made my life a lot more enjoyable.

Good luck to finding your way on the WLJ!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Look into Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) also called keto. I started just over a year ago and have lost 120 pounds and am never hungry. good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!