When to weigh yourself?

Options
I was wondering what time of day is best to weigh yourself for your log. I've been doing it first thing in the morning when I get up. I know weight fluctuates throughout the day, so I was just wondering what others do.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    becky8159 wrote: »
    I just try to do it at the same time each day I weigh. For me, I tend to do it first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom.

^^This. And if you weigh daily, get a trending app so you don't focus so much on the number, but the trend over time.
  • Cherry_love87
    Cherry_love87 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I weigh myself evey Monday on the machine in the gym. That way I know I'll be wearing the same clothes every Monday as it's my gym gear!
    Also it makes me wanna go gym on Monday morning and make healthier food choices over the weekend
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I weigh on a tuesday evening
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning and log on the happy scale app
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning afte going to the bathroom. Complety naked in the kitchen ( only place with tile flooring)
  • philaeagles22
    philaeagles22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I get up!
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning after using the bathroom.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Weigh the same time every day on the same scale. It doesn't matter if it's first thing in the morning or right before bed, just be consistent.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    There's no such time as the perfect time to weigh yourself. What you have to remember is that weight is not a static number. It's going to fluctuate during the day based on a lot of conditions. The main thing is to be consistent under what conditions you weigh yourself. What I mean is try to do it at the same time and basically the same way you did the last time you weighed yourself.

I have access to scales at work and is part of the process of educating myself I weighed myself multiple times during the day. My weight could vary anywhere from two to five pounds depending on what I ate when I ate my bathroom movements and a whole bunch of other factors.
  • freshmama06
    freshmama06 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually don't weigh myself at home.

I go to a women's gym and we're weighed and measured at the beginning of every month and I do this first thing in the morning.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning afte going to the bathroom. Complety naked in the kitchen ( only place with tile flooring)

I have to ask... Did someone carpet your bathroom? :open_mouth:

And I weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after using the bathroom.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I weight myself most mornings after going to the bathroom but I log Friday or Saturday, whichever is lowest. I tend to eat at maintenance on the weekends and lose during the week.