I love bread - alternative

Options
As stated in my subject line, I love bread. I would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I really wanted to haha. I wanted to know if anyone has an alternative that contains less calories.
I'm not talking about replacing it with wraps, crackers or rye etc anything hard.

It's probably not possible, but worth a shot asking. I've tried the wraps/ biscuits / rye etc and all taste gross.

Wondering if there was genuinely a soft alternative that contains less calories but still contains taste. Maybe a specific type of bread. It's one of those things I find impossible to remove from my diet but with roughly 200 calories for 2 slices it can take up a fair amount of calories when you add ingredients in the sandwich.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Half the amount of bread will give you half the calories!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I use Warburtons 400g wholemeal bread. Under 70 calories a slice.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Don't give up bread. Bread is lovely. Lighter breads are sliced thinner or are fluffier.

Round out your meal with a protein, a little fat and veggies and you will stay fuller longer.

For instance, butter your bread and load it with ham, lettuce and tomato. Done.

You may also use bread instead of other carbs at your meal to cut calories. That is, cut your pasta instead.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have an open sandwich...
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Aldi has a fit active bread for 40 calories. So does Schmidt a 647 line of breads is also 40 calories per.

• ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fit active bread sounds perfect ! 40 calories is half :open_mouth:
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thinly sliced bread or pepperidge farms bread has low calorie options.
    I have 3 slices for 120 calories.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Why give up something so tasty as bread? I eat a locally baked German farm bread that goes for 62 calories a slice.
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I haven't had much success when I tried eliminating foods that I loved - only when moderating them. 100 calories isn't that difficult to fit into my day.