Crossfit Question

Options
NanP135
NanP135 Posts: 219 Member
Anyone have ideas how to log crossfit workout ? What do you put in in as?

Replies

• Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. It gives me a pretty low number compared to perceived exertion but I like it that way.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I log it as circuit training. It gives me a pretty low number compared to perceived exertion but I like it that way.

Same! If the cap was 15 mins for that days workout, that's what I'll put down. I under estimate on purpose.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Does your box use the app Sugar Wod? If so, you'll be able to record sets/reps and record PRS for the lifts and times of the workouts and share/comment with friends.

https://www.sugarwod.com
  • Sara1791
    Options

Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Does your box use the app Sugar Wod? If so, you'll be able to record sets/reps and record PRS for the lifts and times of the workouts and share/comment with friends.

same if your box uses Wodify. - If not I recommend you keep track of your progress. Sometimes we feel like we haven't been progressing at all when in fact we've had a lot of progress

Thanks, you two. I'm not the OP, but that's helpful to me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I use TDEE and stop logging workouts.
    Problem solved.
    edited March 2017
    Options

same if your box uses Wodify. - If not I recommend you keep track of your progress. Sometimes we feel like we haven't been progressing at all when in fact we've had a lot of progress
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Problem solved.

I probably should clarify my post.... Sugarwod (not sure about Wodify) won't give you a calorie burn, but it will help you keep track of the work you do in the gym.

As far as calorie burn, TDEE is a practical necessitity since your calorie burns won't that be great unless you do a rowing workout with set calorie goals per set, i.e. 50.

Lifting and bodyweight work doesn't account for all that much I'm afraid, but they keep the muscle on your body which is more important.
  • Sara1791
    Options

Problem solved.

I probably should clarify my post.... Sugarwod (not sure about Wodify) won't give you a calorie burn, but it will help you keep track of the work you do in the gym.

As far as calorie burn, TDEE is a practical necessitity since your calorie burns won't that be great unless you do a rowing workout with set calorie goals per set, i.e. 50.

Lifting and bodyweight work doesn't account for all that much I'm afraid, but they keep the muscle on your body which is more important.
    I record my lifts and WODs in a notebook. Would using Sugarwod give any benefits that paper & pen don't?
    Options

Problem solved.

I record my lifts and WODs in a notebook. Would using Sugarwod give any benefits that paper & pen don't?
    Sugarwod populates that day's workout via your boxes RSS. It is a subscription based platform that your box will need to subscribe too. I imagine Wodify is likewise?

Benefit? Other than the social interaction (fist bumps and commenting from friends) you won't have to write down your work by hand and will always have it on your phone. I believe in you export data in spreadsheets as well.
  • Sara1791
    Options

Problem solved.

Sugarwod populates that day's workout via your boxes RSS. It is a subscription based platform that your box will need to subscribe too. I imagine Wodify is likewise?

Benefit? Other than the social interaction (fist bumps and commenting from friends) you won't have to write down your work by hand and will always have it on your phone. I believe in you export data in spreadsheets as well.

Problem solved.

Both wodify and Sugarwod are available as apps so it's less likely you'll forget your phone but the notebook might be left behind at home to be filled in later and when later arrives it can be forgotten (Happens to me all the time lol)

Very helpful. Thanks again!
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't log it...consider it a bonus for the weight loss and feeling great!
  • Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just tracked my calorie burn from my fitbit and manually entered it. I normally would skip it but since im in a MFP challenge I just plug it in. But i have the feature turned off that puts the calories back into my day
  • NanP135
    Options

I will have to find out as I just started
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you go the same number of times every week, you could just add it to your TDEE/base calories. Pick a calorie level, if youre losing too slow then lower it, and vice versa.

I prefer to log my exercise, because I don't always do the same amount and I never want to be eating on "credit" always on "savings". Also, my martial arts class varies in intensity. I log it between 500 and 600 calories for the hour, StrongLifts I log at 300 per hour, and yes, my weight loss is on track with those numbers. I would adjust if they weren't.

ETA: I also think it matters what kind of deficit you're running. Someone above said they just count it as "bonus". That is good if you have a small deficit. For me, I NEED the fuel. I'm just as concerned about eating too little as eating too much. I'll just get sick and fail in my goals if I cut too deep.
  • NanP135
    Options
    Crossfit is new for me and I was only a beginner class and realize how much work it is. I am looking forward to my next class on Thursday..... Just want to log too much and I rarely eat back all calories but I found myself very hungry today after yesterdays session
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    NAP150 wrote: »
    Crossfit is new for me and I was only a beginner class and realize how much work it is. I am looking forward to my next class on Thursday..... Just want to log too much and I rarely eat back all calories but I found myself very hungry today after yesterdays session

Some workouts are more taxing on your body. Eat up, as to fuel up. Watch your measuremts and scale to see what your cals are doing.