How to lose without veggies (picky eater)

Options
13»

Replies

• thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can sneak veggies into sauces!! Try using cauliflower and purée it into a sauce with garlic and butter! Or purée spinach and garlic and oil!! You could always do a sauce with some puréed veggies snuck into a tomato sauce. I just today a thinly sliced carrot spicy "chicken sandwich" on whole wheat breaded toasted. A little mayo black pepper lettuce and frank red hot sauce. It sounds strange but omfg it was fn amazing!!!! Couldn't tell the different
    I have a pick eater for a boyfriend.. I try to sneak veggies too!!
  • thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The only meals my bf eats veggies really. Is sausage and peppers. Brocolli or spinach pasta. If I make a soup. French fries and corn hahaha He can't eat fruit because it makes his throats itchy. But just get creative and see if he can tell. If he doesn't see it clearly I bet he wouldn't even know
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    That's alright he's not mine anymore but thanks for all your help, really. I was very pleasantly surprised by the lack of snark here
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I recently started dating a guy who really really doesn't like veggies. Best I know, he gets nauseous when he has them, and it's either the taste or the texture or the smell of them that he can't get over. He's asked me to teach him how to cook, and I've contemplated trying to prepare veggies in ways he might not have had them before but not forcing them on him. He's agreeable enough that I feel like he might try some but I'm not very hopeful about the results. Also, I can't tell him to just suck it up and force feed it to him, so none of those responses please (that would probably get me dumped pretty quickly).

So, with that being said, does anyone have any tips on losing without veggies? He does eat starchy vegetables like potatoes, carrots, corn, that sort of stuff, but none of the healthier ones (lol). And I've talked to him about taking vitamins before but I know there's not really a substitute for some of the vitamins you get from real vegetables. Do you think a vegetable powder might be okay for him? Does anyone have experience with these? Can you taste it at all? He does eat fruit so I'm imagining that would mask it. I'm not sure if it would really give the same vitamins again though.

Sorry, I know you can lose while eating whatever you want, if you just track calories, that's a stupid question. I just want to help him however I can so if anyone has tips, that would be awesome :)

Do you mean you're trying to help your new man lose weight and you want to know if weight loss can be done without veggies?

Or, you want to not eat vegetables because he doesn't?

Those things asked (without judgment :)), the only thing required for weight loss is a calorie deficit. What you eat is preference only.

Also, if you like vegetables and he does not, why not just cook them for yourself? He doesn't have to eat them if he doesn't want to.

Finally, I find it odd that he gets sick from all vegetables when none of them are the same at all.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    That's alright he's not mine anymore but thanks for all your help, really. I was very pleasantly surprised by the lack of snark here

Oops, missed this part before I answered. :)
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Oops, missed this part before I answered. :)

that's okay, I still appreciate it :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I recently started dating a guy who really really doesn't like veggies. Best I know, he gets nauseous when he has them, and it's either the taste or the texture or the smell of them that he can't get over. He's asked me to teach him how to cook, and I've contemplated trying to prepare veggies in ways he might not have had them before but not forcing them on him. He's agreeable enough that I feel like he might try some but I'm not very hopeful about the results. Also, I can't tell him to just suck it up and force feed it to him, so none of those responses please (that would probably get me dumped pretty quickly).

So, with that being said, does anyone have any tips on losing without veggies? He does eat starchy vegetables like potatoes, carrots, corn, that sort of stuff, but none of the healthier ones (lol). And I've talked to him about taking vitamins before but I know there's not really a substitute for some of the vitamins you get from real vegetables. Do you think a vegetable powder might be okay for him? Does anyone have experience with these? Can you taste it at all? He does eat fruit so I'm imagining that would mask it. I'm not sure if it would really give the same vitamins again though.

Sorry, I know you can lose while eating whatever you want, if you just track calories, that's a stupid question. I just want to help him however I can so if anyone has tips, that would be awesome :)

It's not just the vitamins, he could take a one-a-day. There's a much bigger issue........non-starchy veggies are low calorie.

Is he willing to eat smaller portions for life? Because he doesn't eat veggies.....does he routinely eat just 3/4's of a plate of food?

Low(er) calorie veggies would fill up that empty space for most people. For non-veggie eaters the answer is an empty space.....because it can't be a bigger portion of calorie dense food .