What can I have with my coffee? Ideas please

Options

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a granola bar w/ protein. You can find a decent one in the 100-150 cal range.
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    I'd go with a granola bar w/ protein. You can find a decent one in the 100-150 cal range.

That sounds good. I need to increase my protein intake.

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Biscotti is amazingly satisfying for the calories. Like @Strawblackcat , I like to have one or two really good cookies. Sometimes I mix in some protein powder and that itself is a nice, sweet treat.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I crave sweets in the evening. I either just fit a treat into my day or I look up protein powder dessert recipes and make those. Pintrest is a great sight for recipes
  • ssslasher23
    ssslasher23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One slice of toast with peanut butter isn't bad. Just be sure to measure out your peanut butter to the recommended serving size - I know I have a tendency to go overboard with PB :)

If you want to kick it up a notch, try a slice of Ezekiel bread (high fibre, high protein) with a powdered peanut butter like PB2 (high protein, high fibre, low fat).
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely biscotti. YUM.
  • Zara_Pi
    Options

Biscotti? That's baby weaning food in the U.K.
    Biscuits.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I normally had two rice cakes with 1 tbsp of Nutella between the two with my evening coffee. Comes under 200 calories and is so good.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Zara_Pi wrote: »

Biscuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscotti

As in the double-baked Italian pastry meant to be taken with coffee (at least if you're not an Italian), not baby food.
  • Zara_Pi
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Biscuits.

As in the double-baked Italian pastry meant to be taken with coffee (at least if you're not an Italian), not baby food.

Lol. Thanks.
  • sophiar_x
    sophiar_x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers do a good range of chocolate-y snacks (most are individually wrapped to stop temptation of eating more than one!) Most are under 100 calories and low in saturated fats. They do things such as chocolate digestives biscuits, mini rolls, chocolate wafers -you can grab them in most supermarkets. Also fibre one brownies, more on the pricier side of things but each brownie is 99 calories and they are great. I recently discovered that chocolate orange club cake bars actually have pretty good macros.. pretty shocking as it's not what you'd expect.. they are only 99 calories per cake bar. Things on they higher end of they calorie scale at roughly 215 calories per bar is grenade protein bars (you can get them in Holland and barrett!)they are 2.50 each (expensive, I know but totally worth it!) And they have 20g protein each.. they are pretty filling and do not taste at all like protein bars.. they are amazing! Hope this helps :) I'm a firm believer in the 'if it fits your macros' way of life. Nothing wrong with a chocolate treat.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I just bought some individual, single serve bags of dark chocolate covered almonds. 150 cals per bag and you get the chocolate fix and some protein.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I often have a slice of really grainy bread with about half a tbs of nut butter and some berries with my evening coffee or tea. I also really like making a little mix of berries, almonds, and dark chocolate chips. Or I peel and separate a clementine and dip the pieces into some melted dark chocolate and then sprinkle with some sea salt - it only takes a few minutes to make but it tastes super indulgent.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Biscuits.

Lol. Thanks.

You really weren't all wrong. Biscotti are twice-baked, like zwieback, which is commonly given to teething babies (I've never thought of it as "weaning" food, though, which typically would be soft foods like rice cereal and pureed fruits and veggies, no?).
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ah.... my indulgence is a square (or two) of Lindt 85% Cacao chocolate. The squares are large-ish and I break it into 4 small pieces and it's like bliss, lol
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Larabars? They're pretty wholesome. Try cutting it into tiny squares and savoring each piece.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I agree about Biscotti. A store-bought brand like Nonni's can be a little a 110 cals per cookie. And they're really surprisingly satisfying. You can get one that's dipped in dark chocolate if chocolate is what you crave.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Biscotti is amazingly satisfying for the calories. Like @Strawblackcat , I like to have one or two really good cookies. Sometimes I mix in some protein powder and that itself is a nice, sweet treat.

I concur. The biscotti I buy at Costco are dipped in dark chocolate, individually wrapped, and come in at 170 cals. They are perfect with a nice cup of coffee.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    caramel rice cakes