Workout Plans

xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
I am always willing to workout, and I love doing it, but I am a bit directionless. I would love a website, program, or app that would lay out workout plans for me, based on my current goals. It would also be really great if it changed based on improvement.

I've been researching for a while, and since there are loads of different options, I figured I'd ask for your favorites. I'm willing to put in some money, because it is important to me, and I know I get what I pay for. Right now, I'm just looking to blast through a plateau. I still have 100 pounds or so to lose.

Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Bodybuilding.com has tons of free programs (they even have recommended nutrition information for each plan if you are interested).

Dailyburn has several programs. First 30 days are free and $14.99 a month after that.

There's an app called pump up thats free and has a workout generator. They also recently started offering a coach (certified personal trainer) for $50 a month who will design a workout plan for you based on your goals and you can chat with daily.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    xxghost wrote: »
    ... based on my current goals

You might want to give people a clue about what they are, otherwise you'll just get a random list of what people like.
  • xxghost

You might want to give people a clue about what they are, otherwise you'll just get a random list of what people like.

As I stated in the original post, "right now, I'm just looking to blast through a plateau. I still have 100 pounds or so to lose." I am interested in general body workouts to start out.

And I'd like to simply see what people like. The variety is nice.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    if you want to work out at home - fitnessblender has a ton of free online videos and you can buy a training plan from them (typically about $10 and 30 days worth of workouts)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I have been using https://mytransphormationstartstoday.com/
    I have not purchased any of the supplements, just using the free nutrition and fitness plans, plus get the benefit of an awesome personal trainer that i can contact anytime for help, plus the owners provide their email and will assist you anytime too.
    Nutrition and fitness plans that work and choices so you can customise if you work out at home, the gym, are a beginner or more advanced. The nutrition plan has helped me work on getting in the correct micro nutrients each day. Since I have been following this i lose from 2 to 5 lbs per week consistently; however that will take firm commitment to follow the nutrition to the letter and eat cleanly.
    Im only about 1/3 of the way to my goal but lost 6 lbs this week alone, and did this by increasing my calories so i feel like i eat like a horse and am never hungry. I am very happy to have found this plan and the support that goes with it.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited March 2017

As I stated in the original post, "right now, I'm just looking to blast through a plateau. I still have 100 pounds or so to lose." I am interested in general body workouts to start out.

Ok, we have different interpretations of goal.

Personally I'd suggest breaking down 100lbs of loss into something more manageable, and identify something​ a bit more controllable.

I quite like this structured plan
    http://www.trailrunevents.com/ul/schedule-50m.asp
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Pick something you ENJOY.
    - I love martial arts. I burn a TON of calories and get to hit things :naughty:
    - Salsa dancing never fails to put a smile on my face. It's social, fun, I don't drink much when I'm dancing, and doesn't feel like exercise. No soreness or recovery!
    Zombies!Run or the c25k version for running.
    Heavy lifting makes me feel beastly. I use StrongLifts 5x5. If you do this throughout your weightloss, youll feel much better about your body at the end.

Swimming, zumba, pole dancing, tai chi, hiking, rock climbing, volunteering that involves physical movement (like food bank or spreading bark)... Try them all and stick with what you like.

I'm flexible, but I try to do martial arts 3x/week, SL 2x/week, a run 1x/week, try to go dancing, lots of walking, etc...
  • xxghost
    lilawolf wrote: »
    Pick something you ENJOY.
    - I love martial arts. I burn a TON of calories and get to hit things :naughty:
    - Salsa dancing never fails to put a smile on my face. It's social, fun, I don't drink much when I'm dancing, and doesn't feel like exercise. No soreness or recovery!
    Zombies!Run or the c25k version for running.
    Heavy lifting makes me feel beastly. I use StrongLifts 5x5. If you do this throughout your weightloss, youll feel much better about your body at the end.

Swimming, zumba, pole dancing, tai chi, hiking, rock climbing, volunteering that involves physical movement (like food bank or spreading bark)... Try them all and stick with what you like.

I'm flexible, but I try to do martial arts 3x/week, SL 2x/week, a run 1x/week, try to go dancing, lots of walking, etc...

Always great to meet another Runner 5! I love Zombies Run. I'll have to look into some of your other suggestions as well. Thank you!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Stronglifts 5x5 is my go to recommendation. It is great for a beginner/ intermediate, progresses nicely, and uses compound exercises which give you a great full body workout. It has a good website (goggle stronglifts) and a free app.
  • zigzag423
    zigzag423 Posts: 18 Member
    love zumba and dancing. So I go online and do zumba workouts with club Fritz and medora cesarano. I walked but when I added them a few years ago the weight went. I lost 100 in a year and half. Now I've slacked and gained 45 back. Now I'm getting back to it but if you like dancing make a playlist on YouTube and add more as you go. Plus yoga.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Starting strength is provably the best novice program if you read the book.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I have a gym membership. I go every morning before work. I do cardio and strength on alternate days.
  • oliviabrookZ
    oliviabrookZ Posts: 2 Member
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Beachbody on demand (not a coach).
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Check out the tone it up girls
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

Well.. What exactly is your plateau? If it's weight loss. Just eat less food if you've stopped losing weight for a period of time. Weight lifting won't do anything for that except add to your caloric deficit.

For a beginner. Try something like strong lifts 5x5. I'm personally running Wendler 5/3/1 currently. With the BBB 3 month challenge accessory movements. I love wendler. It's helped me blast through acouple lifting plateaus and add on some decent strength in about 4 months.

• jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    edited April 2017
    I am always willing to workout, and I love doing it, but I am a bit directionless. I would love a website, program, or app that would lay out workout plans for me, based on my current goals. It would also be really great if it changed based on improvement.

I've been researching for a while, and since there are loads of different options, I figured I'd ask for your favorites. I'm willing to put in some money, because it is important to me, and I know I get what I pay for. Right now, I'm just looking to blast through a plateau. I still have 100 pounds or so to lose.

Thanks!

I've been using the app aaptiv and it's awesome. But it doesn't give you a workout plan (it does have monthly challenges) and costs $10/month. I usually run and then from there put random stuff together.[.
  • jayv85
    Another good site is bodybuilding.com they have a bunch of plans and it's free. Don't feel pressured to buy anything.
  • jayv85
    edited April 2017
    jayv85 wrote: »

Thanks!
    not sure why this doublef