• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Same here.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    mjc718 wrote: »
    I have been down this weight loss path a number of times, and more recently decided that the journey was not mine alone to take. That the greatest path to power and success was with me all along but I decided to carry the burden myself anyway. I have spent a lot of time in prayer and scripture, and what I discovered is this. We ask God for strength, but God already gave us strength. We ask God for wisdom, but God already gave us wisdom. We ask God for healing, but He has already healed us. Don't waste your time asking for things that are already yours, that you have already inherited when Christ died on the cross for you. Spend your time believing in and receiving the blessings guaranteed to you by our covenant with God. I no longer ask God for strength, I thank Him for making me strong. I know longer ask Him for success, I thank Him for victory.

Wake up each new day with an unrelenting positive expectation of good and rest in the knowledge that God has already delivered you. Stop fighting a battle that has already been won and just claim victory. Don't allow the great deceiver to distract you, tell you that you can't do it, or trick you into believing that you are not good enough. Have a verse (or two, or three, or four, or...) that you can use when the dark one attacks. There's more power in the Word than you can even imagine and it is THE greatest weapon you have against guilt, doubt, and shame.

I would wish you luck, but you do not need it. You have the grace and mercy of the Father. Just believe it and receive it (Matthew 21:22).

Here are a few verses that may help you:

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

This has got to be one of the best things I have read! Mostly this: We ask God for strength, but God already gave us strength. We ask God for wisdom, but God already gave us wisdom. We ask God for healing, but He has already healed us. Don't waste your time asking for things that are already yours, that you have already inherited when Christ died on the cross for you. Spend your time believing in and receiving the blessings guaranteed to you by our covenant with God. I no longer ask God for strength, I thank Him for making me strong. I know longer ask Him for success, I thank Him for victory. Thanks for the good word!
  • BethanyLeAnn91
    BethanyLeAnn91 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Please add me, too!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,124 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Here's the link to @rambo1687's group - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119865-god-is-good

There is also another Christian Support Group here... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/378-christian-support-group
    It's relatively active, but could always use more current members, I'm sure. Blessings!
  • Akmauser
    Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! Met my wife at a bible college 10 years ago. Haven't been to church this last few years due to wife's auto accident and college / work scedule (one class left). Really want to start attending again this summer, but will have wait and see what my new work scedule will be like. Does not mean I've wondered away from Christ or my relation is any lesser, but surely could use some work on my end again. Feel like there is not enough time in the week.

Just started my diet and its been slow work since we're (wife included - not that she needs to lose any weight) trying to eat what is left in the house so food does not go to waste. Basically have been cutting back on serving size and spreading out what we have over multiple meals.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    SWCF Presbyterian. Gift of teaching. Did prison ministry. Love my Siberian Husky Psycho puppy Tika. Work in HR in DC. 70 pounds to loose. An d you?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm in - Central Florida, redneck biker & Bible Thumper here - May the Grace of our Lord Jesus be with y'all
    - Eastcoast Jim
  • kembry105
    kembry105 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please everyone add me too! I tried adding, it says I'm not logged in?!
  • kembry105
    kembry105 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

• kellimaddock88
    kellimaddock88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! I consider myself a progressive Christian, but through all things God is possible. When I focus on glorifying my body for his use, I find my mindset to be much healthier. It is his. I have given it to him, but boy is it hard! Blessed day!
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    rambo1687 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I just started a support forum on this app.. It's titled God is good.. I don't know how to add anyone though

Here you go, Rambo:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10533382/god-is-good
  • Akmauser
    Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Made post on first page and wanted to say add me too.
  • mfelliott97
    mfelliott97 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Shoot me a friend request! I’m a God follower, too. A Christian who isn’t ashamed of my faith. I’ve lost over 100 lbs...and am now working on about 15-20 more. I totally think that THIS is so tied in with my spiritual life...

Ooops...just saw the group name so will join!

All the support we can get/give each other the better!
  • Exceedingly_Immeasurably_More
    Options
    Been on this Jesus journey for almost 2 years now and while not easy, it’s been amazing, and my church has been such a blessing! Now the journey is physical! Add me!
  • Jaydensmamma
    Jaydensmamma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You all can feel free to add me. It would be nice to have some good Christian friends here.
  • dsloan333
    dsloan333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me......
    The body of Christ is an incredible blessing.....I am in.
  • dsloan333
    dsloan333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I join the group? I am new to the fitness pal forums and blogs etc....
  • wintuai
    wintuai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too would like to join this group. Love Jesus, love food, trying to love excercise. All thing's are possible through God