Confused

Options
Hi! I am brand new and a bit confused. My calorie intake started at 1260, however after exercising and burning 500 calories it increased my calorie intake. Am I to eat ALL on green or just what I started with?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Because your activity level when you set up doesn't include exercise...you are given a calorie target to lose weight based on zero exercise. You account for exercise calories when you log it and get additional calories to fuel that activity. You're not trying to create a deficit with exercise with MFP. MFP isn't trying to trick you.

You should eat back exercise calories, but you should leave some margin for estimation error as determining energy expenditure accurately is difficult.
  • Joe_Cool_Part_Deux
    Joe_Cool_Part_Deux Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Experiment. . If eating most of them back causes you Not To Lose, then leave more and more on the table, so to speak until you are losing what you set out to lose each week.... Ya gotta play with it ! Hope this helps !
  • seika1385
    seika1385 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The app is based off your goals...so your starting intake is what you can eat to reach that goal be it maintain or lose or gain...when you exercise you burn calories which allows you to consume more so they add that into the calorie intake for the day...you don't have to eat the entire difference just play with it a bit...under eating can cause starvation mode in your body which can stall results but if you calculate something wrong and bring it right to 0 then you risk accidentally over eating...