How often do you work out?

Options
Are you an exercise lover or fighter? What's your favorite thing to do? I tend to go in phases, I'll geek out on Yoga for awhile, then Zumba, trampoline, just dance...then I'll fall off the wagon and on to the couch for months...
Very inconsistant...I'll be 44 in April and I have a pr of jeans in my closet that I just can't part with. They're about 20 lbs from my current situation.
What are your fitness goals? Are you close?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I exercise because I must, not because I like it. I log something for exercise 6 or 7 days each week. My favorite thing to do? Bicycling. My fitness goal is to reach 160 lb and maintain +- 5 lb from there. I'm at 177.8 today.
  • stellarskinny
    stellarskinny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I exercise everyday. I am a student so I try to not push myself like crazy crazy but I probably should because I need it lol. But I do yoga and running. I run for 10 minutes vigorously and then do yoga for 30 minutes that incorporates muscle building and strength. I know it sounds like a little but that is why I do it every day. I eat right which I feel is bigger than exercise. And I only do yoga on the weekends and every weekday I do yoga and the running. But it depends on your body, lifestyle and everything. Do what u can do.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I very much enjoy my exercise time. I lift 3-4 times per week and am running 3x/week right now. My fitness goal is to get to intermediate level (per strength standard charts) on all of my lifts. I am there for OHP and deadlift but not yet for bench press and squat.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Every day, I either do 50 minutes on the fitness glider or walk for at least 90. Sometimes both. I do some light strength training with fitness tubes every other day. (It's just 4 exercises, 3 sets of 15 reps each, but it's doing some good; I just upgraded from green to purple.)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I truly enjoy exercise. It makes me feel amazing! I lift weights 2 times a week, do a long trail run once or twice a week, mountain bike once a week, then fill in the rest with hiking, swimming, other activities. In the winter I tend to want to hibernate, so I'm only about half as active, but I'm still getting some things done. This time of the year - spring - I'm crazy for fitness! :D
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    6 days a week generally. Alternate between cardio and weights/resistance, but try to mix it up. Hiking, walking, etc. also counts.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I train 4 times per week. Anywhere from an hour to three hours depending on what I'm training for and if I want to compete. My fitness goals are in the strength or physique realm. Mostly strength. Think I'll focus on physique for a little while as I just competed in powerlifting this weekend and want to look nice for the summer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    I'm active every day because I love being active every day.

Some days might only be a 2 or 3 km walk ... other days will be a 200 km bicycle ride. And everything in between.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I'm taking tomorrow off to hike and Friday for a long bike ride in the mountains. I love the exercise I do.
  • fuzzypinktroll1
    fuzzypinktroll1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today i did 60 mins of insanity+30 mins of hip hop abs. Normally i only do one or the other a day but if i dont eat too good then i push myself that extra mile. I always shoot for 7 days but 6 is acceptable when my body needs to rest
  • fuzzypinktroll1
    fuzzypinktroll1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also lift weighs at least twice/ week because i feel like its important too! Incorparating 5 lbs of dumbells into insanity gives me a mean workout!!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Daily. I lift 5-6 days a week and do some form of cardio each day for 30-60 minutes. It's a way of life for me I'll never give up till I'm dead and cremated. Even when I go on vacation, the first thing I look for is what gym I will have available to me or not.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I guess daily? Although the type of workout varies. I aim to walk up to at least 10'000 steps every day. If I can fit it in, I do some bodyweight/dumbbell exercising at home in the evening for 30-40 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. And on the weekend I go running and do a heavy weight lifting sesssion in the gym.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Daily generally.
    Swim for 30-40mins every weekday morning, squash 2 or 3 times a week, BodyPump and Combat once or twice a week, weight session 3 times a week (tricky one due to getting break days in between and fitting in with social life!), Pilates on Sundays.
    No strict schedule aside from the swims due to life events like snooker/bingo/films etc. But I do get grumpy if I don't get what I feel is enough 'gym time' per day, which is why the swimming is great!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I exercise nearly every day, mostly 3 days a week strength training and 3 or 4 days cycling or cycling related cardio.
    Really enjoy my exercise (vast proportion of the time anyway!) and enjoy the results of my exercise, it's a real feel good factor when you feel fit and strong.

Goals are many and varied because I'm very goal oriented and like to challenge myself. Bench press bodyweight x 1.5 and cycle 20 miles in an hour are a couple of my current goals.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Every day; I run 7 days/week, lift 3. I like how it makes me feel, and how much food it enables me to eat.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Everyday
    Limited in what i can do at the moment as i have a high needs baby so the gyms out and i have to fit exercising round his physio and breastfeeds and my older daughters physio
    I have a treadmill and rower at home, dumbbells too and on a sunday i hike with the baby on my back
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Daily.

I walk briskly for 3 - 5 miles everyday. Lift 3 days a week and I add in bodyweight work, Pilates and exercise DVD's/Youtube workouts throughout the week.

My workouts are light to moderate in intensity so I rarely get sore, but I do listen to my body and take breaks when needed (which is rare).

Also I'm maintaining my weight and don't workout for the calorie burn, but to stay fit and to keep my body tight.

I really enjoy staying active and it makes me feel great!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Pretty much daily. I'll skip a day occassionally, but it's usually not planned.