gain weight! who else is in?

Options
Is anyone else using myfitnesspal to maintain and gain weight - other than for body building? Most people have trouble losing it, but there is a small bunch of us who actually need to gain weight! I am one of those, anyone else?

What are you eating habits like? Any vegetarians out there? Success stories from those who've used this app to help you gain weight?

Currently on a 2200 calorie diet and still not gaining.

Tips and advice appreciated!

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm here to gain too. You're welcome to add me.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight as well. You can add me!
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm also here to gain! I am very thin and I have a high metabolism so it's very hard for me to gain weight and extremely easy for me to lose weight. MFP it's help me a lot with making sure I'm hitting my calorie/macro goals
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If you aren't gaining on that amount, you need to gradually increase your calories until you are. Also you can check out this thread if you are having issues getting the cals in:
    Are you a hard gainer, please read!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Eat more than you are currently, you will gain weight. Keep it simple, because it is.
  • rahulpawar_
    rahulpawar_ Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am on weight gaining journey and have gained almost 10kgs till now. The calorie & food tracking feature is super helpful.

Apart from the usual big meals I keep eating every 1.5 or 2 hours. This single habit made a huge difference in reaching daily goals which eventually led to increased weight. I mostly ignore the quantity of food except when eating heavy or junk items. Some time later I will switch to healthy and vegetarian diet in distant future.

My daily goal is to eat 2600cals but miss sometime. Eating heavy on weekends compensate those missed cals.

Exercise & sleep is also. I do workout at gyms 4 to 5 time a week. A sound sleep of 7 hours is sufficient for me.

Feel free to check out my food dairy or add me.

• mocha204
    mocha204 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm here to gain weight too!
  • natchi42
    natchi42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same! I'm doing well so far, 3lbs gained over the past week - feel free to add me
  • JamesCM1910
    JamesCM1910 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat missy. But overseas it's tough to get the calories. Add me if you like.
  • JamesCM1910
    JamesCM1910 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me up. I'm gaining and a hard gainer as well. I'm with SeanT EAT OR BE EATEN. I'm on 3000-4000 a day and it's still getting rough. Any help out there friend me MFP's
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    On the gain too.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I'm on recomp so maintaining. Feel free to add me.
  • Sparkle098
    Sparkle098 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm here to gain weight too! And it's really hard to gain weight :/ my daily goal is too eat 2190 calorie but seems to much to me I don't have appetite to eat that amount.
  • smorfin23
    smorfin23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive gone up and down the scale and recently been able to gain weight ie muscle :) and maintaining it. Yes its more to eating but its what you eat too that impacts your body. Trust me i went from 99lbs in 2012 to 140lbs in 2017. It takes time. Feel free to add me :) so excited for anyone else trying to gain weight
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I gained 12 pounds and hit a plateau after 3600 calories. So than I went the following week to 3750 and nothing. I rose it the next week after that to 4000 ish and guess what?...I dropped half a pound
    So feeling so discouraged im going back down to 3250 where I hit my biggest gain, but the diet was so clean and easier to control before it just got dirty as hell.
    So here I go again on Week 7 Day 1.
    I've never considered myself a bodybuilder. I'm just a fitness fanatic who loves wearing form fit clothing.d8p1lc8p5mlz.jpg
    But this is as far as I could go for now. I hit the 180 at 3600 and been stuck since. My routine still the same averaging 900 calories an hour give or take 50 calories. (Calculated with polar H7 Bluetooth/polar beat). So I just don't know. I'm throwing in the towel and buying weight gain powder. Just a bunch of sugars I promised myself I wouldn't do. Blah!
    Sorry needed to rant still pissy about today's weigh-in.
  • hollyacoulson
    hollyacoulson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm here to gain weight too. I've always been thin, and a recent drop in weight made it get pretty noticeable. Would be good to get some friends that are also trying to gain weight instead of lifting/bulking etc
  • dwedy27
    dwedy27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to gain too! Have always been thin and hate how much people comment on it. So have decided to do something about it! :)