Help!

Options
I am 5'2" and 150lbs told I need to lose at least 13#s but like to get back down to 120-125 (like I was before having my twins). According to this app I eat to much fat and cholesterol mostly at breakfast! What are some good breakfast foods? I'm not a fan of boiled eggs and hate fruit. But will force myself to eat whatever if need be. I can't stand this belly fat! Please help!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ckett10 wrote: »
    I am 5'2" and 150lbs told I need to lose at least 13#s but like to get back down to 120-125 (like I was before having my twins). According to this app I eat to much fat and cholesterol mostly at breakfast! What are some good breakfast foods? I'm not a fan of boiled eggs and hate fruit. But will force myself to eat whatever if need be. I can't stand this belly fat! Please help!

Belly fat comes from a consistent calorie deficit. The MFP values for cholesterol and fat are standard based on USDA suggested values. It's completely OK that you eat more than that. The bigger thing is how many calories are you eating throughout the day. Also, if your goal is a defined stomach, you want to ensure you are eating adequate protein (~100-120g/day), doing some resistance training and most importantly, give it time.
  • ckett10
    ckett10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I almost always under my calorie goal, but I also want to lose weight not just define my stomach. So had more protein and more calories and keep up with my workouts? I haven't done any of this before
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    The fat you eat doesn't necessarily become the fat you store. Your body will only store fat if you're eating in a caloric surplus. (And it doesn't matter if you get into surplus from too much oil, too much skinless broiled chicken breast, or too much broccoli. It's eating above your maintenance calories that will put the weight on.)

Protein will help to keep you feeling full, so you're less likely to overeat. Resistance training will help you tone and strengthen your muscles. And while you could technically lose weight on nothing but junk food, eating nutrient-dense food will help to ensure your body is getting all the nutrition it needs.

As far as breakfast ideas, I know you said you hate fruit, but if there are any exceptions... My go-to is 1 cup of red seedless grapes with a small Greek yogurt poured over them and 1/2 of a 2-bar Nature Valley granola bar package crumbled on top. It'll work with most fruits, though if you're using apples or pears, you'll want to eat it as quickly as possible so the fruit won't turn brown.
  • Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt in AM. I love Siggi's as it is very low in sugar and if you don't like fruit, go with the vanilla.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I almost always under my calorie goal, but I also want to lose weight not just define my stomach. So had more protein and more calories and keep up with my workouts? I haven't done any of this before

To start simple, what are your goals? Have you thought of what you would want to look like outside of weight? How many calories are you eating? How much have you lost so far? Do you exercise, if so, what do you do?
  • ckett10
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My goals, I just want a tighter stomach and not to look like I am pregnant still. I normally suck it in all day long but I can't do that forever. That's the only part of myself I do not like. And to get back into my favorite jeans that are two sizes to small lol

As for exercising today I started running up and down my stairs, jumping jacks, sit ups, planks, walks, shadow boxing. And whatever my Fitstar tells me to do.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    My goals, I just want a tighter stomach and not to look like I am pregnant still. I normally suck it in all day long but I can't do that forever. That's the only part of myself I do not like. And to get back into my favorite jeans that are two sizes to small lol

As for exercising today I started running up and down my stairs, jumping jacks, sit ups, planks, walks, shadow boxing. And whatever my Fitstar tells me to do.

Then I defer to:

psuLemon wrote: »

Belly fat comes from a consistent calorie deficit. The MFP values for cholesterol and fat are standard based on USDA suggested values. It's completely OK that you eat more than that. The bigger thing is how many calories are you eating throughout the day. Also, if your goal is a defined stomach, you want to ensure you are eating adequate protein (~100-120g/day), doing some resistance training and most importantly, give it time.

And: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

• reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options

As it seems your fairly new to this, I would suggest first trying to stick to the calories suggested for a moderate weightloss goal (which for the amount you have to lose would be about 1 lb a week.

I wouldn't stress about macros or anything for now. First get used to tracking and sticking to your calorie goals.

For lower fat foods, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, turkey bacon or back bacon are typically fairly lean (although check your labels). Have with some toast with it. If you don't like fruit, why not have some veggies.

You also do not need to eat conventional breakfast food. There is many options out there!
  • ckett10
    Options
    Thank you. I've been doing great on my calorie count. I'm new to this app I've only been using my Fitbit app since I got the Fitbit for Christmas. Calorie counts are different between the two. We went grocery shopping tonight and picked up Greek yogurts, protein bars, breakfast shakes, frozen fruit etc. I am excited to be on this journey and my kids just finished exercising with me. They love my Fitstar personal trainer!