Boob retention

Options

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Genetics, i.e. whether your breasts are more or less glandular tissue in proportion to fat. I was hoping mine would get smaller. What actually happened was that they stayed mostly the same, but I lost weight around my ribs underneath, which meant I went UP two cup sizes and down two band sizes.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, never had children, and my boobs are like spaniel's ears. :'( I wouldn't mind them being smaller if they were perky but unfortunately being overweight and losing that weight comes with its downsides.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and was a 34C when I started college and then immediately went up to a D when I got on birth control. Got off it within 2 years but they never went down even though I did lose some weight. After the birth of my son I went up to an H and then settled at a DD after losing all of the baby weight. I have been between a 34 and 36DD (almost a DDD at my heaviest) for about 7 years. I recently lost about 20 lbs and I am still measuring at a DD although it isn't quite as full. My band size is trying to get back to a 34 and a lot of the extra fat around the boobs is gone so naked they look smaller but in a pretty bra they look nice and full. I have another 20 lbs to go and my guess is I will end up around a full D.
    I am 5'9" and have broad swimmers shoulders. I recommend doing some back, shoulder, and chest work as that will help with posture and having some muscles under the boobs will make them appear a bit firmer/perkier.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    That depends on if you had boobs when you were slimmer. If so, then you wont lose them. I lost a fair bit but I still have good boobage (went from a 38c to 32e). Its a gene thing.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Honestly i dont know many guys that are into big breasts.

Um not sure what that has to do with anything.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    What size are people paying $60-100 for bras? Just curious to know if larger bras are just more readily available here in the UK. Most big retailers go up to Gs here as standard.

To elaborate on my first post. I started at 36E, am now around a 34DD/E and on the borderline of going down another back size to 32E. I'm an hourglass though, so while I would really love smaller boobs, they balance out my mega hips and butt. Currently 37-27-40. Shopping for anything fitted is a nightmare!
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much is actual breast tissue and how much is fat. My cup size didn't change but my band size did. The 'look' smaller to me but I think that's because I lost the fat around my armpit and back of my ribcage. Unfortunately I'm mismatched and trying to find a bra to fit 32DD/D has just gotten harder since most stores don't have those sizes in stock :(
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    What size are people paying $60-100 for bras? Just curious to know if larger bras are just more readily available here in the UK. Most big retailers go up to Gs here as standard.

To elaborate on my first post. I started at 36E, am now around a 34DD/E and on the borderline of going down another back size to 32E. I'm an hourglass though, so while I would really love smaller boobs, they balance out my mega hips and butt. Currently 37-27-40. Shopping for anything fitted is a nightmare!

If I want a comfortable bra that keeps the girls contained I spend over $60 and I am a 38DD now, but paid the same when I weighed less and was a 36DD too

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

I'm at a 34G. Standard retailers around here go up to D... Some even only C.

Ordering online doesn't help much either. Products shipped locally will be in the same price range, products shipped internationally risk suddenly being more expensive than the local due to customs... Most of the cheap ones I tried just didn't give the support I needed, so they ended up expensive after all since they ended up tossed (gotta love the no-return policy on dessous)
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »

If I want a comfortable bra that keeps the girls contained I spend over $60 and I am a 38DD now, but paid the same when I weighed less and was a 36DD too

Since most lower priced stores don't carry 32 bands, especially not in DD, I have to go to department and specialty stores. I can't buy a bra for less than $50-$60. My poor sister is in a 36JJ and she can barely find anything in her size, when she does its mail order only, and they are never cheap.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »

ladyreva78 wrote: »

I'm at a 34G. Standard retailers around here go up to D... Some even only C.

Ordering online doesn't help much either. Products shipped locally will be in the same price range, products shipped internationally risk suddenly being more expensive than the local due to customs... Most of the cheap ones I tried just didn't give the support I needed, so they ended up expensive after all since they ended up tossed (gotta love the no-return policy on dessous)

Wowee. My go to for bras because they're great quality and run the gamut of affordable to affordably fancy is Marks and Spencer. And affordable is about $20 to fancy affordable $40. I just had a wee look and some of those go up to an H.

I feel very lucky now!

Maybe I should take orders and bring them over to post when I'm in the US in two weeks, ha! Also, you can return bras here.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost weight a few times. I started out with almost no boobs. Gained weight and actually had boobs. Lost weight and they got smaller but not as small before. Gained weight and got even bigger than the time before and when I lost weight again they didn't get as small. So I think mine will be okayish when I lose this time. I mean they are still small but oh well. It doesn't really affect my life or change anything.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Interesting reading the different experiences people have had. Genetics obviously is the culprit here. I have definately deflated, lol. Gonna talk to a plastics guy about a lift since mine were too big anyway so I just want the excess skin gone. I've lost 73 pounds and am 5'5". It's hard to say how many cup sizes I've lost since vanity sizing is messing with me again. Some of my new bras are DD and some are C???? I hate that silliness. Trust me it is worth losing the excess weight for so many reasons and if you are one of the unlucky ones that lose fullness it's worth it plastic surgery or not. I feel so much better and have so much more energy. I would never go back.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Yes! The UK has better sizing and better accessibility. I'm not sure what the Freya brand retails for there, but you will spend upwards of $150 Canadian Dollars to get one here. If you know your size and enjoy taking risks, you can order seconds from ebay/amazon in your size and hope they fit for around $40. I've done this a fair number of times, as I usually only have 1-2 bras that fit at a time (at $150 each...). I wear a 32GG right now.

I've considered a reduction, but like you... I'm relatively balanced. Although now that the world is coocoo for cocopuffs about big butts, maybe reducing the girls so my butt looks bigger is the right move! ;)

As for the op - I've always hovered around a 30E/32F until I had kids. Then I lived with a 34I while nursing... and when I was at my thinnest... a 30E (after kids). So I feel like you will get what you get, and the advice of "if you had them before" is fairly apt. Do be advised, though... that often massive weight loss can lead to Tennis Ball in a Tube Sock Syndrome (Tennis ball... Jelly... it's all the same). And there's nothing that fixes that except surgery. :( But hey! My tits look great in a bra!
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I think everyone must be different. Im typically a healthy D cup when a bit overweight and a C cup when I'm at goal weight. I accidentally lost an additional all 7lbs off my ultimate goal weight a number of years ago and it ALL came off my chest I swear. So I can fluctuate like 70 lbs and barely move a cup size but the last bit if weight seems to really come off my chest specifically. So I guess it all depends on your body composition ?
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Am I the only on who'd like to get rid of these things? I think I'd look ridiculous at my goal weight with Ds...

Serious. I lost 70, went from an a DDD to a D, got pregnant and now that I'm breastfeeding I'm back at a DDD. You think they're ridiculous now? Try getting rid of them and then getting them back. These things are ALWAYS IN THE WAY lol.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mine have shrunk, but are also perkier. I feel they look a lot better than before.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds and my breasts have remained the same. I started at a 42C and am still a 42C. I am almost 66. I wish I would lose a little, but nope, not so far.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Lost 45 pounds and went from a 36 band, smallish C to a 34 band, smallish B. I clearly take after my mom's side of the family. Ah well. On my frame size it is probably for the best. I just have to wear camisoles under a lot of shirts because the fronts hang open since there is nothing to fill them out. I can buy VS bras on clearance, though, and need only minimally supportive sports bras.