Coming to terms with my grazing habit ....

Not easy and feel a little mad at myself. I have know better and this has just slipped right into my lifestyle. Not blaming my kiddos at all , but the way I take care of multiple little people has got the best of me ! Eating habits have to change!!!!! This app for 40+ days has helped me discover this problem. GRAZING and thank god my grazing isn't as bad as it could get . It seams (I'm estimating )about 500 over a day , JUST ENOUGH TO GAIN AND NOT LOOSE !!
So now that I'm on to myself ... let the games begin

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    you can win this game for sure! One of my problems when I'm home is walking through the kitchen and picking at whatever there is. So....on days that I am home all day, I"ll cut an apple, some veggies and put those on the table...then as I walk through the kitchen, those are what I graze on. For some reason if there is food out, I won't open cupboards to look for different foods.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    You can do it! Logging is such a useful tool to see what's going on objectively!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Same problem. Slowly working on it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Exactly! Cut some snacking here and there and weight loss will happen easily :smile:
    It's being aware of what and how much we eat and making small changes that makes the difference.

All the best :smile:
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    The logging really helped me see how much I was eating after 7:00 pm at night just walking by the fridge. You don't think too much about a few bites of this and that, until you log it all and look at the calories. That was certainly my issue. I am getting a lot better, but still not totally over it.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Yeah the best way to get fat is actually to eat like a little kid, really. Think about it.

* A lot of calorie dense foods, (albiet often "healthy")
    * Snacking. Like all the time.
    * Fixation on sweets, fats, carbs

Little kids, of course are also growing and hopefully are getting lots of gross motor play. But if you're not doing that, you'll get fat.
  • the_fit_geek
    the_fit_geek Posts: 58 Member
    You can graze all you want. You simply need to graze the right foods. Summer squash, zucchini, broccoli, grainy bread with avocado. Most of the time, only the consumption must change. Lifestyle change is hard, but easy if you truly want it
  • GoodVibes71
    GoodVibes71 Posts: 21 Member
    These were all great comments and helpful. Helpful to know it's not only you and others are working on it to . LOVE the tips! Thank you
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Natural almonds, raisins, celery sticks, carrot sticks and houmous are all easy and quick "snacks" for when the urge gets you :)