Options
2»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Please, help me out here. I'm not able to follow.

Why didn't you ask if it worked and look at side effects - especially since you have a known condition - before buying it?

I ask the sales representative at the health foods store and he sounded very informative. He told me it is organic, and won't increase my heart. BUT I was curious if anyone else has taken it, and if it worked or caused side effects.

Most people here avoid gimmicks, fads etc. as they simply don't do anything for weight loss. Put simply, you were sold BS.

Biggest issue in the diet world is the amount of pure BS that sales folks sell and people buy. If you want to lose weight, read the stickies in these forums and don't waste your money on crap such as this (or any of the other literal millions of products out there).

I agree, I guess I was just wanting to try something new but that's okay. I am doing great from exercise, and counting calories. I will never buy these things again, I am taking them back.

Out of all the things I've learned trying to lose weight, the biggest thing is just how deceptive the industry is. I'm not one for more government regulation, but these things should be pulled from the market until the sellers can prove the claims they make. The whole diet industry is one big steaming pile of male cow manure.

Glad you can take them back.

And I do think everyone here understands the desire for something to kick-start weight loss, or help, or try something new and all that. It is frustrating trying to lose weight. But the simple way (eating less than you burn) does work. Just that folks can't really make money off it.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    oh, my god, so much woo. this is their product description.

HIGHLY VERSATILE NIGHTTIME DIET PRODUCT ANYONE CAN USE
    STIMULANT FREE FORMULANIGHTTIME SUPPORT FOR APPETITE AND CRAVINGS CONTROL
    *TONES THE BODY
    *DIGESTIVE BALANCE
    *SUPPORTS HEALTHY ADRENAL AND THYROID FUNCTION
    *RESTFUL AND REJUVENATING SLEEP
    *HELPS CLEANSE THE BODY
    *IDEAL NIGHTTIME SUPPLEMENT THAT REINFORCES YOUR DAYTIME WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS
    *SLIM-TOX™ IS MORE THAN JUST YOUR DETOX!

Slim-Tox™ provides support for sleep (Chamomile, Melatonin) toning (CLA, Safflower Oil), appetite control (Garcinia cambogia), digestive health (Psyllium Seed Husk, Lactobacillus acidophilus) and adrenal and thyroidfunction (Holy Basil).* Slim-Tox™ is an essential diet product because it reinforces your daytime dieting efforts by providing an added nighttime dieting support. With a thermogenic used during the day (Cardio Cuts®, Intensify® BLACK, or LipoRUSH® DS2) to help with energy and for dropping the pounds, Slim-Tox™ can be used at nighttime, and help your thermogenic work even better the next day. You can also use Slim-Tox™ if you are cycling off stimulants/thermogenics, but still want to support and maintain your dieting efforts. It’s formulation helps put healthy bacteria into your body for better overall digestive processing and health, which helps cleanse the body and rid your system of bad fats and foods. Another benefit of Slim-Tox™ is that it supports adrenal and thyroid function, which helps fight exhaustion and fatigue the next day. Slim-Tox™ helps support you in achieving your health, fitness and weight loss goals.*

all of those little stars generally mean that it's not proven in any way. i searched the site for a clearer meaning of them, but alas, nothing. and how on earth would it "Tone the body"???

Probably says

** When used with enclosed 800 calorie a day diet plan.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Please, help me out here. I'm not able to follow.

Why didn't you ask if it worked and look at side effects - especially since you have a known condition - before buying it?

I ask the sales representative at the health foods store and he sounded very informative. He told me it is organic, and won't increase my heart. BUT I was curious if anyone else has taken it, and if it worked or caused side effects.

Most people here avoid gimmicks, fads etc. as they simply don't do anything for weight loss. Put simply, you were sold BS.

Biggest issue in the diet world is the amount of pure BS that sales folks sell and people buy. If you want to lose weight, read the stickies in these forums and don't waste your money on crap such as this (or any of the other literal millions of products out there).

I agree, I guess I was just wanting to try something new but that's okay. I am doing great from exercise, and counting calories. I will never buy these things again, I am taking them back.

good for you op!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »
    Can you get a refund?
    Yes, it's going back! Lol
    Use the refund money to get some apple cider vinegar maybe? :p

No, no, no! Don't tell her that she bought diet pills don't get her thinking acv is for weight loss
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How does your doctor feel about you taking this with your condition?! Is this one of those laxative teas with extra caffeine? All those products are just a scam and a waste of money and laxative abuse is a dangerous habit to start. Throw in a heart condition on top of that and there's just red flags popping up all over.

It's a "pill" that supports fat loss and appetite control. I was just curious if it worked. And I will consult my doctor first. Thank you

The rate we get this sort of question on these fora makes me think that the site should be renamed "MyFatnessPill".
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »
    Can you get a refund?
    Yes, it's going back! Lol
    Use the refund money to get some apple cider vinegar maybe? :p

No, no, no! Don't tell her that she bought diet pills don't get her thinking acv is for weight loss

Its not? Darn guess ill stick to using it as a hair rinse then :)