Pay It Forward - Donating your old fitness gear

Options
I am a member of another board that has a stickied thread like this called "Pay it Forward" based on the movie. Its basically a bunch of like minded people donating their old fitness gear to others. This isn't aimed at you giving away all of your stuff for free, just stuff that you don't use anymore because you've "upgraded" and its been sitting in the closet or a piece of gear/clothing that you've outgrown that someone else could use.

With that being said, I'll put up the first item. All you have to do is cover the shipping and its yours.

Its a Timex T5G971 Heart Rate Monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5G971-Unisex-Personal-Monitor/dp/B000P8VWQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311346681&sr=8-1

I've upgraded to a Polar and this has been sitting in my drawer ever since. Its been well taken care of and I hand washed the strap after every use. The only thing I've noticed is that while the HR is accurate the calorie burn is over estimated by about 15-20%. So I used to just deduct that amount from my totals and its worked out well.

Comes with: Watch, Chest Strap, Instruction Manuals
IMAG0107.jpg
IMAG0108.jpg

Remember theres just one rule... once you've upgraded/outgrown something just PAY IT FORWARD.

First one to PM me will get it, and I'll post again on this thread as soon as its gone.

ETA: I also forgot to add, please no requests. It just gets too messy with everyone requesting things and should just be reserved for those people willing/able to donate.

Thanks!!

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I already gave my stationary bike to another MFP member... do I get credit? :bigsmile:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    HRM is pending. That was quick!
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    I already gave my stationary bike to another MFP member... do I get credit? :bigsmile:

Absolutely!

I've also got some other things I'll be putting up later as well. I just need to get some pics when I get home... and apparently photobucket doesn't like me today...
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    What a great idea!!!!
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Alright, the HRM is gone. Thanks for looking, hoping we can get some good will amongst our MFPeeps!
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

Great idea PJ!!
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful idea and PJ you are awesome !!! I have to take some pics tonight!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hey! Read this!
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'll bump this for later too....I would be looking for work out clothes ladies size 12-14
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I thought MFP should have some way to give away clothes you have under grown :))
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Bump da bump
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    :drinker: Good one!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    My gym accepts our old running shoes and they ship them to places like Africa. It is such a great idea:)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Bumping!