People's thoughts on Herbalife??

Options
I used it for a bit and felt it helped but stopped using it for a while.
Tempted to start again....what do people think??

Replies

• litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Snake oil.
    Just Eat Real Food. It has all the stuff we need
  • chr1585
    chr1585 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cheers :)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Not as bad as shakeology or advocare
  • andreatait4
    andreatait4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Men's Health Review on Herbalife

The principles of the plan are based on outdated science. Low-fat and very low-calorie diets are no longer recommended as the most effective or sustainable approaches to weight loss.
    Despite being described as protein shakes, the Formula 1 shakes only contain nine grams of protein each. That’s less than half the protein content recommended for a standard meal.
    This is a calorie-restricted diet, so dieters are likely to feel hungry and may feel low in energy.
    Expensive, especially if doing it long-term.
    Restrictive, making long-term compliance difficult.
    There is a lack of transparency on the website regarding what ingredients are in the products.
    Herbalife products are highly processed and contain undesirable ingredients such as artificial colors, flavors, fructose and sucralose
  • chr1585
    chr1585 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thank you for this everyone
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    chr1585 wrote: »
    thank you for this everyone

IIRC it is two shakes and a balanced meal per day (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.)

If you like that kind of structure and it works well for you in the short term you could mimic it at a fraction of the cost by buying a blender, getting a couple of smoothie recipes you like and adding protein powder to them and using those instead.

You may need to watch that your fat intake does not drop too low though so the evening meal could incorporate a fattier cut of meat etc to balance that out.

Personally, I would experiment with finding a balanced diet which suits your preferences and allows you to maintain a calorie deficit without driving yourself bonkers though.

Best of luck.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Head up to the search function and type in "herbalife". You should see a plethora of threads with a million reasons to not waste your time or money.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    A waste of money. Just eat real food.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    If you want to spend money on something pick up a good protein shake. I don't know a whole lot about Herbalife but I do know anytime someone tries to sell you a weight loss product my *kitten* detector goes off
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    If you want to spend money on something pick up a good protein shake. I don't know a whole lot about Herbalife but I do know anytime someone tries to sell you a weight loss product my *kitten* detector goes off

I need a kitten detector in my life...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    chr1585 wrote: »
    I used it for a bit and felt it helped but stopped using it for a while.
    Tempted to start again....what do people think??

It's a very poor quality expensive meal replacement. You'd get better macros by eating 200g of cooked chicken breast
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I could tell you.... But I don't think anyone likes kittens that much. :D
    And my nomination for post of the month goes to ^^ :D

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I just read that Herbalife is in big trouble and had to pay out the nose for deceiving people. The FTC is going hard after them.

• rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    just open up your wallet every thing will be fine LOL, if it works for you so be it good luck
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I think I like food and money more than Herbalife.