Should I shift to maintenance ?

Options
Hi,
So today I hit my weight goal of 66kg (actually i weighed 65,7kg). This was a major milestone in my journey, however right now i'm puzzled as to if I should shift to maintenance calorie intake or keep going hypocaloric till the last fat reserves get depleted.
I'm really happy with my body, but i still got a bit of fat in my abdomen area mixed with loose skin that prevent my lower abs to show. Do you guys think that proper workout and maintenance calorie intake can get me rid of these ?
Here's where I'm at right now:

zqycrklpfsyg.jpg
h76qgs5awabm.jpg
mawl91ybg5l1.jpg

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are looking great.
    Give the skin time, it should tighten up somewhat. How much, and how long it may take is genetic.

Now you have hit your goal weight decide on your maintenance range, 5 lbs is common. You may want to then lose down to the bottom of that range to accommodate the jump of extra water and 'digesting' weight that will happen when you initially up your calories to maintenance.

Once you have your maintenance calories stable, recomp should get rid of those last bits of fat.

Cheers, h.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    May I ask how tall are you and what's your waist pant size?

Not directing at you, but I wonder if there's such a thing called skinny fat. Well, there's fat looking muscular.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You do look great, and I think just from seeing your picture maintenance would be a good idea! :) good luck!
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are looking great.
    Give the skin time, it should tighten up somewhat. How much, and how long it may take is genetic.

Now you have hit your goal weight decide on your maintenance range, 5 lbs is common. You may want to then lose down to the bottom of that range to accommodate the jump of extra water and 'digesting' weight that will happen when you initially up your calories to maintenance.

Once you have your maintenance calories stable, recomp should get rid of those last bits of fat.

Cheers, h.

Thanks man! Yep makes sense.
  • yondaime8
    edited March 2017
    Options

Not directing at you, but I wonder if there's such a thing called skinny fat. Well, there's fat looking muscular.

I'm short, 5'5" I haven't measured my waistline of late but it is somewhere between 78-76 cm. tbh you're the first to drop the skinny fat bomb at me and its scary :#
    Edit: i just measured waist at 74cm (29")
  • yondaime8
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Not sure that this is the best place to bring this up unless you actually want to imply to the OP that he is skinny fat, which if you are implying, I would disagree with :smile:

I don't really have a solution short of surgery for the op regarding the extra skin.

Eating at maintenance and continuing into getting stronger / recomping​ without a significant weight change would probably be the way I would go if I were the op.

But these decisions also depend on how the op feels about themselves and their maintenance level Calories and activities...

Honesty doesn't hurt me it makes me stronger :smile:

I plan on waiting it out for the extra skin and meanwhile work out some muscle to tighten up a bit! Thanks for the tips !
  • yondaime8
    Options
    You do look great, and I think just from seeing your picture maintenance would be a good idea! :) good luck!

Thank you! you too!
  • rachaelp7777Izze
    rachaelp7777Izze Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You look just about at your optimal weight to me. I'd be concerned that you could lose muscle mass if you went lower. I'd go to maintenance and keep moving and working out. :)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

I do not think that means what you think that means.

OP:
    You look great. Unless you're aiming for a body competition, I'd say you're ready for maintenance.

You aren't "skinny fat". Not even remotely close.
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    OP, I agree with others, you look great and ready for maintenance! You can always add a deficit in again later if your skin doesn't tighten much and you still think there could be fat to lose.
  • yondaime8
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your awesome answers. I think I got a pretty clear idea now about what path i should take from now on. Let the gains begin ! B)
  • dotwilldoit
    dotwilldoit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love reading this thread. People celebrating OP success all around. Great job,
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I agree with basically everyone. Give the skin some time And skinny fat? No way!

Congrats on the weight loss! You look great! :smile:
  • yondaime8
    Options
    I agree with basically everyone. Give the skin some time And skinny fat? No way!

Congrats on the weight loss! You look great! :smile:
    Thank you Rosie, really appreciate your words! :smile:
    Love reading this thread. People celebrating OP success all around. Great job,

Thank you ! <3