Starting Again

Options
So it seems I packed on thirty extra pounds the end of last year. A lot's been going on; I had to cancel my wedding, my dad's fighting cancer, I lost my job. Things this year though, so far, are getting better - my dad's got a clean bill of health again, I got a new job, and I started eating vegan/vegetarian, which is helping me feel a lot better. Now I just have to get used to the tedious practice of counting calories, because that really worked for me before.

Single dad living outside of Asheville, NC. Writer and DJ. Glad to be back. :)

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Sounds like you've had a nutty year, and I'm glad to hear things have been getting back on track for you. What sorts of things do you write? I fancy myself a writer as well - I have a 'novel' in mid-stage of completion. Total urban fantasy, and it's been in the same stage of completion for a year or two because I"ve let life get in the way of writing.... Maybe I need to get back to it again sometime soon... Anyway, welcome to MFP. I've been here for a few years, and it's helped me keep off around 70 pounds (though lately about 10 of those have crept back on....). You've totally got this. :flowerforyou:
  • kitsunesson
    kitsunesson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I write speculative fiction, sci fi, fantasy, there's a horror novel in the works. I published my first short story early this year, then a second one got picked up for a charity anthology, and a third got published in an online magazine. I'm still letting my first draft of a sci fi novel cool off before I start editing it (it took 6 months to write), but I'm about to start editing the first draft of a fantasy novel, that only took 30 days to write. :)

I write at least 2k words a day, unless I have a rare day off. All of this has been making both of my parents very happy, and that's a good thing (finally).

Thanks for the encouragement and nice to meet you. :)
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm glad your dad is ok and awesome you got another job. Looks as though things are looking up.
  • Summerbabies2
    Summerbabies2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!
  • kitsunesson
    kitsunesson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks! :)