• FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    miinanov wrote: »
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    I'm 5'1 and 108 I have a bit of a belly and love handles

"Skinny-fat." I wouldn't lose weight where you're at but eat at maintenance or a hair above while challenging your muscles.

So just lift weights?

Yup, focus on the big compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts and overhead presses will be good for your midsection.

What happens if I just try to do it through just my diet? Like if I lose 5 more pounds. Will my belly fat still be there? It's not too big but its noticeable

Well, you could. But diet with exercise will cause you to lose primarily from fat. Cutting calories without exercise will result in some muscle loss along with the fat.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Losing a couple pounds might help, but I really would consider strength training along with.... If it were me I would try a slight deficit...nothing drastic...and get the compound lifts in a few times per week. That should get you a really nice midsection.

If you really don't want to lift weights I would still keep the deficit minimal and see how you feel after. I will say that no one ever regrets doing strength training though. :wink:
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    If your thin, still you got your do ab workout to shape and build your abs. Also cardio. 20-30mins few times a week. Start of couple times a week.

Abbs are already there... just got to shed the pounds to see them

Yes, every one got abs underneath the fat, but you don't want those children looking abs look. Some are tiny. If you build abs you would see them even when your body percentage is not that low. And will look great. Abs should be worked on like you workout rest of your body. Diet plays a vital role too.

If just Shredding fat is the key, I guess all those abs videos, and trainers who do them don't know anything an are all a waste then. Seems like exercise is also a waste of time. Just shred the fat lol :neutral:

Hey, my 6 year old has a full set of six pack abs without any work besides playing, lol.

Everyone's body is different, genetics play a role. When I say abs, Im referring to abs with bit of a bump not the flat washboard type abs