100 grams per day for 130 days

Options
5 years ago I set out to lose 100 grams per day for 100 days. I lost 14.7kg then, however I later lost control of my weight and it's time to do it again.

My new goal? Lose 100 grams per day for 130 days.

I'm telling you here for a bit of accountability. I'll report in with my progress. Feel free to ask how I'm going.

Thanks, Simon.

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good hunting on your weight goal.

I suggest you stroll through the 'Challenges' subforum and join a few that interest you, they are great for increasing one's sense of accountability, with weekly updates expected.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear - some days yes you may lose 100g a day, and others you may well show a gain. Weight fluctuations are normal. As you approach goal it wont be achievable or healthy to aim for 100g a day.
    As long as you're not setting yourself up to feel its a fail on the days when you don't see a loss.

All the best.
  • SimonMalcolm
    SimonMalcolm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement. Yes, I remember from when I did this before that some days are up and some are down, however the goal is a target and not an exact expectation. Numbers inspire me and are a way for me to quantify what I'm doing. Thanks again and I appreciate your best wishes.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement. Yes, I remember from when I did this before that some days are up and some are down, however the goal is a target and not an exact expectation. Numbers inspire me and are a way for me to quantify what I'm doing. Thanks again and I appreciate your best wishes.

You do what works for you. Sounds like it worked before, should work now too.

Make sure you try to find out why you lost control in the first place though. You wouldn't wanna lose track once again. Good luck!
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    And what is your plan once you reach your goal?
  • SimonMalcolm
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's a great a question. Losing is one thing, staying is another.

My next stage is Weightenance. Maintain the weight by keeping regular goals and reasons to not return to being overweight.

Thanks again for asking this question.

• SimonMalcolm
    Options
    Off to a great start.

Yesterday: 88.6kg
    Today: 87.8kg

Loss = 800grams

I know that won't be happening every day, but I'll take the numbers as an encouraging start
  • SimonMalcolm
    Options
    I'm ahead of schedule. That's good news
  • DrMercury
    DrMercury Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there, keep up the good work :)
  • SimonMalcolm
    Options
    DrMercury wrote: »
    Hi there, keep up the good work :)

Thanks Dr. Mercury for your encouragement. I have my focus back.