How many days a week at the Gym

Options

Replies

• brxtt
    brxtt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i go anywhere from 4-6x a week, depending on my schedule and also what my body says :) i generally always feel better the more i go, though.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    6 days a week M-S. Sunday is my rest day.

No particular reason why 6 days other than I really enjoy working out.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I currently go 3 times a week but trying to up it to working out 4 days a week where I do one day of jogging.
  • entisaarm1023
    entisaarm1023 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym but i do my exercises at home and i do it 4-5 times a week. Rest day Friday and Saturday.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    I do 3-4. Running 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge currently. The heavy 5x10 accessories require me to get a fair amount of rest. I used to do a 5 day program but I'm noticing much better results with wendler

Pretty similar for me.
    I was trying to do 5-6 days per week and felt like crap.
    I'm now doing 5/3/1 four days per week, joker sets and low rep BBB sets and upper/lower split for accessory work.
    Usually takes me about two hours per session. It's nice to have more rest days and a few extra evenings to spend at home rather than at the gym. I feel better recovered and have better workouts.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    4 days a week of moderate/intense workouts and then I will take a 5th day to just do some light cardio. The other two days are active rest of just light walking.
  • twistedingenue
    twistedingenue Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Crossfit-like Gym: 3x a week, Yoga 1x. Then Troupe Rehearsal at the dance studio 1x Week. Additional dance time if I'm prepping for a show or working on a new solo as needed (next week starts 7 days a week!)
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Five days, rest on the weekends.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Only once a week to use a Stairmaster and the steam room and/or sauna and only because it's free to me under Medicare+.

No need to go to a gym otherwise. Have a full weightlifting "gym" in my garage, a Lemond spin bike and Concept rower in my house and a basic Crossfit setup (tractor tire, power sled & battle ropes) in my backyard.

Work out using this equipment at least 5 days a week and my body reflects that.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Only once a week to use a Stairmaster and the steam room and/or sauna and only because it's free to me under Medicare+.

No need to go to a gym otherwise. Have a full weightlifting "gym" in my garage, a Lemond spin bike and Concept rower in my house and a basic Crossfit setup (tractor tire, power sled & battle ropes) in my backyard.

Work out using this equipment at least 5 days a week and my body reflects that.

Your house sounds super badass.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym before work on M/T/W/F with Thursday as my normal rest day. Usually cardio/strength/cardio/strength but sometimes I do extra cardio on Fridays instead. On the weekends I either do absolutely nothing or do an extra long work out on one of the days. I'm mainly just trying to maintain my body so I don't see a difference based on my lack of work outs but I do see differences based on how much I eat/drink, lol.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    2days strength training with a trainer other five are cardio at home
  • Monique_2
    Monique_2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    6 days at the gym, Monday - Saturday and my rest day is on Sundays
  • rdberg1957
    rdberg1957 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Physical activity is important for me for losing and maintaining weight loss. It is also important to me for regulating sleep, mood, and anxiety which are all important for regulating appetite and eliminating food cravings. I play tennis 2x/week, racquetball 1x/week, and walk all other days, weather permitting (no thunderstorms, snow storms, etc). My walks are 20-30 minutes, my strength work outs (2x/week) are about 30 minutes. At this point, I don't need more for weight loss and regulation. I may increase my activity level a bit more in order to be more fit to play tennis better.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I go twice a week. I get free access to the gym at my school but I'm only there twice a week ( the 30min commute makes going on off days not worth it). I haven't noticed much difference. I mean, I can jog a quarter mile now before I have a cramp. But I'm still new at it.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Depending on my work schedule I go 3-4 mornings a week. Lifting, little cardio
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym (lifting) 4 days per week. I run outdoors 4 days per week. One designated rest day from both.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually train six days per week. I mostly use a bodybuilding style bro split which includes one heavier compound lift per day.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    7 days at gym/pool

5 days swimming
    3 or 4 days lifting (mix of BodyPump and weights machines)
    Some classes Thurs and Sat
    Sunday is Pilates

Unfortunately my gym doesn't have squash courts, so that's a trip elsewhere