WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Penny Just do the vegetables. The rest will come. Remember when you told us you didn't really have good success until you started eating 500g of raw veggies a day? Start there. We love you!

Barbie Thanks so much for the April thread.

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy April, my busy season for the next two-three months.

My goal will be a simple one like many of you-Leave some calories on the table be it not eating my burned exercise calories or cutting leaving out the sugar or fat in a small way.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my UTI, I'm on the mend but with a bladder and uterine prolapse, I tend to be very prone to them. After i'm done with the Rx, I will try cranberry supplement, can't stand to drink that juice!

So a full day without my iphone...sends a chill up the spine for some, no? Lots of errands and back to the gym, I'll check in with everyone's goals, they are so motivating to me.

Thanks Barbie for setting us up for success, strategy is stronger than will power. I'm hoping Jake is on the mend and turned a corner now that he's getting some sleep.

NYKAREN
  • bjeanlynn
    bjeanlynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Brenda in Hanceville Alabama
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Got some bad news last night - our son has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and has been cutting. Don't know for how long--he's not terribly forthcoming. We talked to him at length last night (he's in Montana) and he told me about the cutting, but didn't speak of it to his dad.

All I can do is hope for the best and be at the other end of the phone.

Feeling helpless,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    bjeanlynn wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Brenda in Hanceville Alabama

:)Brenda, welcome. I hope you will keep coming back. Tell us about yourself. You will find one of more of us that you identify with. What we have in common is a desire to be healthier and a wish to support and encourage each other.

<3 Barbie from drizzly NW Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the thread, Barbie! I am so grateful for this group and for your efforts to keep the thread going each month. :heart:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LISA - so sorry to hear about your son, it must be so hard as he doesn't live near

BARBIE - thanks again for the new thread

Welcome all new gals

HEATHER- you are so brave going off on your own to France I once went away without DH it was to Scarborough to trace my Mum's footsteps (my Dad was staioned there in WW2) she had talked a lot about it

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Got some bad news last night - our son has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and has been cutting. Don't know for how long--he's not terribly forthcoming. We talked to him at length last night (he's in Montana) and he told me about the cutting, but didn't speak of it to his dad.

All I can do is hope for the best and be at the other end of the phone.

Feeling helpless,
    Lisa in West Texas
    my thoughts are with you... stay strong
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    hey peeps -

Rere - u are right, I think I've tried them all and worn out a few more than once.i'm here for ya babe!

well, this is the last weekend for my locker, Gotta have all of my poop out by Monday. I have to figure out how I'm going to carry my stuff. during the winter I use one pannier (like a saddlebag for bikes) and carry my stuff that way. will I need 2 panniers now? will I just buy another type of pannier that has different compartments? if so, I'll need to buy a new rack that accommodates that type of pannier. will I just switch to back pack and no pannier? one pannier and one backpack? my summer bike doesn't have a rack so I take the backpack anyway.. how much heavier will my load be... ugh.... I am having a friend help me craft a response to the director and cc his boss.

here is the email I got.. what I found funny is that if he truly wrote the email, why is he referring himself as a 3rd person.

“Dear Valued Member,

We want to thank you for being a member of the Tacoma Center YMCA and contributing to our Annual Campaign last year, providing scholarships and subsidized programming to individuals in our community that need us most. If you are receiving this email, we want to thank you for your generosity and inform you that you are currently utilizing an overnight locker at the Tacoma Center YMCA in part of your donation to the Y. In an effort to maximize the amount of existing available lockers we have to our members, we are no longer offering overnight lockers for the 2017 year as a gift option related to Annual Campaign contributions or drawings. Effective April 3, 2017 we will need to request that you remove the items from your locker and begin using day use lockers located in the locker rooms or express lockers throughout the facility.

Again we sincerely appreciate you being a member of the YMCA and donating to our cause. Should you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to contact our Branch Executive Director, Mark Willis at mwillis@ymcapkc.org or 253-460-8864.

Warm regards, “

Mark Willis | Branch Executive Director
    YMCA OF PIERCE AND KITSAP COUNTIESf"
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends!
    Loving the pics of Olivia, fur babies, and vacation spots (even Kelly's lovely kitchen beach).
    Heather - wonderful plans for the France getaway.
    Kelly - have a great trip
    Lisa - so sorry about Corey's wrist and your son's situation. My niece has struggled with this since her teens. She doesn't stay on her medication and can have trouble when life gets stressful. It took a long time for my sister to have a healthy approach to things. Prayers for you.
    Penny - sending you a big HUG!

I am working a double shift today.

TNToni
  • donnaschryer
    donnaschryer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI ALL i am new to mfp as well and would love to be part of this group and offer and get support that we all need to reach our goals
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa))) Prayers for DS. and your family.