Making choices..

Options
I am finding so hard to find the time to work out. I feel like when I go to the gym I need to be there at very least an hour and I never have time what do I do?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do a 30 minutes workout if you have 30 minutes?
  • Nakumari23
    Nakumari23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Find a gym that's close to your office or school.

For me, the hardest part about going to the gym was getting the motivation to actually get to the gym. Once you're there it's a completely different atmosphere and you'll be able to do your workout :)
  • lrb142014
    lrb142014 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do a 30 minutes workout if you have 30 minutes?

I completely agree. It can be challenging to set one hour of time aside, so break it up. A great way to sneak some extra activity throughout the day is to complete during breaks or lunch. Over the period of the day these small periods add up
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I have a few sets of dumbbells and I use those and do bodyweight exercises at home. I also have a pedometer app to track my steps during the day, and I go for walks to boost my step count.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    40-45mins is plenty of time. Time your rest time, no wasting time on the phone. Go to the next exercise. Anything is better than doing nothing.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cardio for 30 minutes. You can do muscle building at home before bed using just body weight. Buy a mat and put it on the floor in your room then bust out some sit-ups and push-ups before bed. Or some other form of exercise.
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Nakumari23 wrote: »
    Find a gym that's close to your office or school.

For me, the hardest part about going to the gym was getting the motivation to actually get to the gym. Once you're there it's a completely different atmosphere and you'll be able to do your workout :)

I totally agree. Some days I wake up and really just don't want to go workout. I always make myself and when I get there I totally change attitudes. I am always happier after a good workout and always glad I make myself do it.