✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B15, L12, D23, BBS8 = 59)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (31g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    ✔8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, ✔Music, Craft Supplies, ✔Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, ✔Utility Closet

Wrapping up March accountability.
    --Ginger in Texas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny: Vitamin D3 helps fight the blues. It has been a major blessing in my life. It is called the sunshine vitamin, because we can get it directly from the sun. Those of us who live in higher northern or southern latitudes are at risk for D3 deprivation. The blues & memory issues are two symptoms. MS is also connected to low D3. Do you have access to sunlamps or D3 supplements? Either/both might help. (((HUGS)))

Brenda in Hancevill AL & Newbies: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Click on the blank star at the top of our page. It will turn yellow and you'll be able to find us again easily by clicking on the star on the right side of the Community page. :smiley:

Lisa: I am so sorry about your son's cutting issues. I had a roommate in college who went through a bout of self-mutiation while in a depressed state. She didn't cut herself, instead she burned herself with lit cigarettes. :cry: (((HUGS)))

Pip: I'd be madder than the dickens if I'd received a letter like that. Why did they make this decision? Are they remodeling? I'm angry at this situation for you. :grumble: :mad:

In the good news department, the river seems to be slowing dropping. I want to do something fun today. So far my ides have not put a smile on DH's face. We'll figure out something!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lisa, I am so sorry about your son's struggles. I cannot imagine the worry and concern you are experiencing for him.

Pip, I would imagine the reason the YMCA director uses "we" is to imply that he is writing on behalf of the full board with their approval. This may or may not be the case. I found it interesting that he kept emphasizing how thankful he was that you are donating. I wish you the best with your campaign to get your locker back.

Mummoid, your post about forgetting to put your son's meds in his chocolate reminded me to tell you that I have an 8-year old grandson with autism. My daughter tried to mix some kind of vitamins into his yogurt once. After that he refused to eat yogurt again. It was a complete fail, as yogurt was one somewhat healthy food that he would eat. What state are you in? We are in GA where the legislature just approved cannabis oil for treatment of autism. I have NO IDEA how I feel about this, none whatsoever. I asked my daughter if they were going to pursue it, and she said she and my son-in-law were going to research it a little more but if the research bore out, then maybe.

Becca, did I miss the discussion as to why you changed your screen name, or did you you just sneak that by us with no comments? I do confess I've skimmed a lot lately, but I saw no mention of it.
  • KimK2009
    KimK2009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie to MFP and just ran across this thread. I just turned 50 last fall and I still can't hardly believe it. Something clicked and I decided it was time to make some changes. Maybe it was when the doctor said you are now a Type 2 diabetic, your blood pressure is high and here is your new prescription for high cholesterol (think?). So, here I am, eager to learn all I can.
  • Hydrogurl
    Hydrogurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here we go! April is lovely (snowed last night) here in Colorado.

Found out I have High Blood Pressure - Found out my nurse assistant does not know how to take blood pressure (likely I have had high blood pressure for years), my diastolic is crazy, managing systolic ok after 3 weeks. Met w Nutritionist yesterday - I have a plan :smile:
    So here is my official beginning at 53!
    Goals:
    Log food/review of DASH eating plan
    Lower salts
    weight lifting - scheduled w PT next Tuesday
    walking 3x a week
    lots of water

Busy month- daughter getting married (flying to CA), daughter graduating high school (prom, colleges etc), son graduating college (flying to BOS/trip to Niagara falls), daughter birthday;pretty sure it will all be a blur...

Goal: take lots of pictures haha

Peace
    Julia
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies!

Thank you Barbie again for guiding us into a new month.

Heather, I also suffered from vertigo a few years ago. It really scared me, I would wake up with the room spinning and hadn't consumed a drop of alcohol. My doctor had me do the exercises and it went away after a few weeks. I thought it was a miracle. Glad your husband has found relief.

It is snowing like crazy today, and with no commitments this weekend I am confining myself to quarters. Puttering around the house doing things I usually have no time for. Got most of my exercise in already while watching "History of the Eagles" ( 70's rock band not the birds), on Netflix. Bringing me back to my college days.

I hadn't set any goals for March but I know what I have to do and was quite successful.

Accomplishments:
    Logged in every day and stayed within calorie goals everyday except 1
    Exercised at least 6 times/week
    Alcohol only once
    At least 64 oz of water most days
    Did not go off plan when going out socially except once

Results:
    Lost 5.4 lbs.
    Dropped 1 size in jeans

Love and hugs to everyone.

Chris in MA where it is snowing like confectioners sugar. Mother Natures April Fools
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Holding you and your son in my heart.

Hugs,
    Mia in MI
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa so sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis. It is good that he has told you about it, a very positive step. Being far from him is heart breaking, but he is getting help/counseling yes? sending strength and love your way.

Welcome newbies, check in with us regularly, this works.

NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Look at my food diary! I am sooooo over for today! It stated that if I ate like that for 5 weeks I would be 1300 lbs!!!! Hahaha!

Becca
    In the spirit for this holiday in
    Oregon
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ways to Step-Up My Game
    What Gets Measured - Gets Managed

Assess Problems
    1. Fiber. Thought about giving myself a range of 25-30g. But... I'll stick with 30g. I've started each morning this past week with 1 Tbsp of Metamucil in 12 oz of water. And... I'm happy with my Feb results.
    2. Energy. Last month I decided one problem was - "not eating a healthy breakfast" and "having a long leisurely morning on the sofa with coffee". I decided I was going to get dressed before my 2nd cup of coffee and meal plan. But... I didn't set those as goals so... That didn't happen.
    After giving it some thought... I'm going to approach it from a different perspective... perhaps it's my addiction to my technology... I have an iPhone or iPad at hand almost 24/7. And I'm not exaggerating. I sleep with earbuds in - listening to shows on my iPad or Kindle. So... I'll do a digital detox in April. I have a detox plan.
    3. Exercise. I haven't made intentional exercise a habit. I didn't work my new BowFlex elliptical. So... for April - I'm simply going to recommit. 5,000 steps, 2 miles, 30 active Fitbit minutes. BowFlex 5 days minimum. Post a screenshot of my Fitbit and BowFlex stats with my accountability post.

April Goals
    1. Carbs 50-75g with no more than 25g per meal.
    2. Fiber 30g.
    3. Track in MFP.
    4. Vegetables - eat a big veggie salad at least once a day.
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    6. No eating after 9pm. To prevent late night snacking and to get a good 12 hour overnight fast.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, Pantry, Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, Linen Closet, Laundry Closet, Medicine Cabinets, Personal Care.
    9. Digital Detox. Track daily timeouts.

--Ginger in Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

all Apple Watch -
    Rowing Machine- 26min, 66aw, 4484meters-2.79mi = 214c
    S Matrix machine- 20min, 6resist, 6climb = 194c
    stairclimber- 10min, 44floors, 75stepspermin, lvl8 = 113c
    Bos bal- 31min, 5 exercises, 2sets 16ea some w/10#weights, 1set of 16 single leg squats = 184c
    total cal 705
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Feeling helpless,
    Lisa in West Texas

Oh Lisa,

I am so sorry. But, it is a good sign that he told you about it. That shows he is willing to work on the problem.

Hugs!!

Re in TX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

It is a beautiful Saturday here – sunny clear light breeze and I decided although it was a work day, I would not drive anywhere, just embroider, do some computer work and work in my yard. I live in a mostly quiet neighborhood, very suburban so neighbors on all sides, but today UGH! - across the street is a family that is NEVER home over the weekend, well they are today! Latin music – BBQ (6!) and family everywhere – on one side is a house that is up for sale, it was a rental and the owner is selling, for whatever reason the owner brought their large dog over and left it in the backyard, barking, howling, poor thing is beside himself. Hopefully they’ll be back soon!

Penny – take care we are here for you! Some ups and downs are part of life, don’t beat yourself up, just dust yourself off and keep on keeping on!

Lisa – how scary! How old is your son? Will he be willing to get some help?

Pip – how about we all call Mark!? What a dork…

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Felt bad yesterday and didn't even open up MFP so was quite behind. I was afraid it would affect how many days I had signed in but it didn't. I was so tired, even took a nap at 3 PM which is a bad time to take a nap. I don't think the being tired was an MS thing. It didn't feel like it. When the need to take a nap is from MS, it's like I have no choice about it. I must take a nap. It did make me feel a little better.

I can't remember who made remarks to me so I will just give comments.

About United Health Care and prescription reminders. The only reminders I have gotten from them was if they thought I was late with reordering his Effiant which is the medicine that is prescribed after a stent. I don't know why they think that that drug is the most important. I had been signed up for a service through Sam's Club that they called me when a script was ready. But if I reordered 5 scripts, I got 5 calls. So i stopped that. You may notice me saying 'I' all the time. I don't think Charlie has any idea how to reorder a medicine.

Oh, those French doors look wonderful. I can see the mini blinds in them and I am so looking forward to them. We messed up the schedule of our window install when I ordered the mini blinds. Also we aren't having anything at all done to our house right now due to the rain. I looked at the forecast next week. Tomorrow is the only day that doesn't have any rain forecasted. But the company doing the garage door could be putting that in so we are wondering when that will be done. But the gutters can't be done until the panting is done and Mother Nature isn't allowing that.

All this talk of vacations reminds me of my daughter's vacation. They had it planned in their weekly budget to save enough that they would have $5000 for it. They have $3000 now. My husband is one of those of a practical mind that you give money for all holidays in order to take care of the kids needs. I enjoy giving something that they woudl never do for themselves. Our Christmas money has been used to fill a propane tank, a new transmission, help out with buying a new furnace, etc. One year Michelle turned down her money and wanted me to surprise her and I had a ball buying for her and she enjoyed it so much. When she was married, we gave both couples $500 for christmas and then $50 for each birthday which included the son in law. But she is divorced now so Charlie new he needed to change the amount of money for her. You would think that it would go to $500 and $250. But no, it changed to $400 and $300. Now since he doesn't like our son in laws political views, theirs is down to $300 and $50 for Christina's birthday, nothing for son in law. and a total of $300 for Michelle which includes birthday. He knows how much I hate this. So Christina texts me today and they want to make the down payment on their mobile home/house in the Keys for vacation. So she wants me to send it as their Christmas present. I say what happended to the $2500 they had saved. I was shocked when Charlie says that I ahve an equal say in this money. So know I have to decide whether to give them their Christmas money in April. That's a big part of what I dislike. OK, vent over.

Joyce, Indiana