Anyone moms loose rest of weight once baby was weaned ?

Options
Just weaned baby a few days ago, I'm still producing, but was just wondering if any other moms lost weight after baby weaned ? Thanks

Replies

• Katie090307
    Katie090307 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did:) with my first I was feeding her for a long time and had very tough time losing weight but with second I stopped feeding her at 4 months and at 6.5 weeks post partum I weigh 27 lbs less then I did before getting pregnant
  • jtomaszewski81
    jtomaszewski81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I put on weight...with both kids. I was super hungry all the time. Turns out, other health issues in play with the hormone changes.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yep, I always lose those last 8 lbs.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    No. Since I weaned, I have had a much harder time maintaining. I've been in maintenance for about a year now and weaned around decemberish. I've had to decrease my calories since weaning. It sucks, I want to nurse my toddler again lol.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    after I weaned I made sure to decrease my calories, because I knew if I kept eating 2300 calories a day I would gain. :( miss all those extra calories sometimes.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose my baby weight until i weaned
  • annahath150
    annahath150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Drink Mummy magic weight loss tea. I gained 35 pounds with my second pregnancy and was looking for a healthy weight loss recipe without exercise and this tea helped me losing all my required pounds.
  • janjunie
    Options
    Drink Mummy magic weight loss tea. I gained 35 pounds with my second pregnancy and was looking for a healthy weight loss recipe without exercise and this tea helped me losing all my required pounds.

No tea will help you lose weight, that's just silly.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Technically yes. 22 years later.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

:noway:

I gained 40 lbs with my second. Lost it all by the time he was 6-7 months old. I was in a calorie deficit and started working out when he was 3-4 months old (c-section...long recovery). I then continued to lose another 40 lbs putting me in the middle of a healthy bmi.
    No special pills, teas, fad diets, ect. Just weighing food, staying active, and eating at a deficit.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

No Just no.
  • ellefox70
    ellefox70 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did with my first, didn't with my 2nd. Fingers crossed for u!
  • chixabomb
    chixabomb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've read that some mom's hold onto the last 10lbs before they wean, or don't lose at all, and it falls off in the months after weaning when the horomones re-adjust. I'm breastfeeding and holding onto 8lbs until I reach my goal weight. Give your body time to get back to normal. Don't forget to recalculate your calories!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Technically yes. 22 years later.

Same :) Took me 16 years after the first one (had three more within 12 years of the first)!
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know if I ever get a kid weened! Haha, I will say, I was finally able to get back to pre-pregnancy weight without weaning. I have 2 kids close in age, both still nursing. I never lost that ten lbs between them, but after starting mfp I'm three pounds under that first pre-pregnancy weight.

Right now, weight is coming off pretty easily, but I'm at a low daily caloric intake 1550/day.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I gained hard after I quit breastfeeding. Those extra calories that baby was eating were keeping me thin.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    I gained hard after I quit breastfeeding. Those extra calories that baby was eating were keeping me thin.

That's what I'm afraid of lol
  • annahath150
    annahath150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mummy magic tea can help you to lose weight. It increases metabolism which causes you to burn more calories and also curbs your appetite. It also helps to digest your food better which will help you get more fuel and nutrition from what you eat.

However, if you are relying on a weight loss tea alone you may get disappointed. Yes, it will work but it will work much better if you make other changes too. Like increase your activity level, decrease what you eat overall and change some of the stuff you eat to be more healthy.
  • janjunie
    Options
    Mummy magic tea can help you to lose weight. It increases metabolism which causes you to burn more calories and also curbs your appetite. It also helps to digest your food better which will help you get more fuel and nutrition from what you eat.

However, if you are relying on a weight loss tea alone you may get disappointed. Yes, it will work but it will work much better if you make other changes too. Like increase your activity level, decrease what you eat overall and change some of the stuff you eat to be more healthy.

No it won't. It's the diet changes (eating in a calorie deficit) that gives you results. The only thing that burns more calories is exercise especially if you have more lean mass, muscle is metabolically active vs fat which isn't. There is no magic tea, pill, spice or oil that aides in weight loss.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I lost all the weight while breastfeeding and struggled very hard to keep it off after weaning. It was much harder to maintain the weight loss than it was to lose post-baby.