How late is too late to eat?

Options
Poopkh
Poopkh Posts: 24 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
What time should a person not eat after? 7? 8? Will eating like at 9 or 10 ruin my diet?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Never. Timing of food intake matters this much: 0
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you eat after 7:56:14 pm your body converts everything to fat in double the amount it would before that time....

Is that adjusted for daylight savings?

Daylight savings....we don't do that here. Our curtains might fade :s
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I eat right before bed and in the middle of the night sometimes. It's all good.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Eating right before weigh-in might make your scale jump a bit, but if you normally weigh in after a meal, then even that shouldn't make too big a difference. (And your scale will probably jump by the same amount. I.E. if weighing right after you eat seems to add an extra three pounds in week one, it'll likely add something like that in week 2. But if your overall weight has decreased, it should still show a three-pound loss for you in week 2.)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat after 7 or 8 unless it's something small like a bit of cheese, dark chocolate or a fruit. Not because there's a specific cut off, but because it seems to work best for me. Different for different people.

I find that if I eat too soon to bed time, my stomach feels unpleasant (like a bunch of rocks rolling around) and it gets hard to sleep. I also have a GI disorder which complicates things, so it's just best not to make it worse on myself.

But, there's no scientifically based reason why you can't eat whenever you are hungry, regardless of the time of day.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have eaten as late as midnight and I've never had a problem with "gaining weight" or too much fat. It's a myth that you shouldn't eat after 7 or have carbs late at night
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    No such thing. It's total calories over a length of time. We do total daily calories because it's easier to regulate. If you're constantly consuming more energy than you're using, you'll begin to store excess energy. And vice versa
  • LovePlants17
    LovePlants17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had enough calories during the day and you are planning to eat clean food it really shouldn't matter when you eat. The more you eat the faster your metabolism is. If you don't eat your body goes into starvation mode so no time if really to late to eat as long as you eat clean whole foods