Ideas for a Walking Lunch

Options
So, I want to start spending my 30 minute lunch walking. I need ideas on things that I can eat for lunch while I walk. Eating at my desk after my walk is not an option, so I need things that I can carry that aren't too messy to eat while walking. Thanks! :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'd personally find another time to exercise - I believe in eating mindfully though, and not eating whilst doing other things.

... Also, if I was walking purposefully enough for it to make a difference, I wouldn't be able to coordinate eating as well.
  • DrMercury
    DrMercury Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just something I know that researches have shown that if you're distracted while you're eating, not only won't you be mentally satisfied with your meal, but also you're more likely to overeat. If that's not an issue, I guess sandwiches are one of the best.
  • zeaxm
    zeaxm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    big *kitten* chipotle burrito.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    zeaxm wrote: »
    big *asparagus* chipotle burrito.

Maybe I'm closed-minded but that doesn't sound appetizing at all.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    sandwiches, chicken wrap, cut up veggies, fruits, cheese. Mostly depends on what you like. I personally take my own homemade zucchini oat bread when I walk.
  • ellefox70
    ellefox70 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think I would probably make sure I had a really filling breakfast and then have a smoothie for lunch. Drink it as u walk. I think I might then feel really hungry before dinner time tho! Guess u will need to play around with it? When I'm out walking I take some nuts with me if it's a long walk, but I wouldn't consider that to be a meal as such...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    I frequently eat when I walk but it's simple stuff. I've eaten food from the Whole Foods salad/hot bar, string cheese, protein bars, Halo Top, pistachios...

Seriously, the only messy foods might be soups or anything with a lot of sauce that might splatter with the movement.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We have a team of ladies who power walk the building during their lunch hour. We work in a three-story building with several stair cases and they kinda do a stair blitz. They walk at a moderate pace, but it's better than eating at a desk. I sit all day, the last thing I want is to sit at my desk and eat. If you have a lunch area with a bulletin, you should post that you want to start a lunch walking team. Give it a cool name. And do it. Anything beats sitting, though.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    Green smoothie

Not for the uncoordinated.... ;)