Weight loss help

Options
I'm becoming really disheartened. I really want to lose another 7lb before my holiday in 8 weeks but my weight loss has stalled. I need help, serious help. I'm at the point that I'm starting to not care anymore as I'm not seeing any results. Please help me. What can I do to kickstart things again? I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 147.2lb, lost 58lb so far, currently eat around 1200-1300 calories and work out from home 5 days a week either doing HIIT or stationary bike. Thank you x

Replies

• Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Guess it's just all down to how I feel, which isn't very nice. I still feel 58lb heavier. I just want the scales to move so I know I'm not putting in all this hard work for nothing.
  • FlaviaLorena
    FlaviaLorena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I need help! I need a good diet to follow.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    Guess it's just all down to how I feel, which isn't very nice. I still feel 58lb heavier. I just want the scales to move so I know I'm not putting in all this hard work for nothing.

Even if you aren't losing right now, you're hard work is still not for nothing! You're maintaining a great weight loss and reinforcing all your efforts. I've lost 95 with 23 to go and have slowed down a lot but I also know that when I stop losing it's because I need to tighten up logging since I'm only at 1/2 lb a week (which you should also be at now btw). Keep on your plan and have a great vacation!!!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    My calories are still set at losing 1.5lb a week and my macros are set at 35/35/40 (carbs,protein,fat). Think that should change?
  • amyepdx
    Options
    Because you're so close to ideal weight, 1200 calories isn't a 750 cal deficit any longer - it's the min MFP will set. So if you are accurately eating 1200-1300, you won't lose 1 1/2 week any way. Test it out by resetting to 1 lb a week and you'll probably still get 1200. My 1 lb a week got down to 1200 at 172 (I'm 5'5") so that's when I reset to 1/2 lb since that's all I was losing anyway because 1200 is too hard to stick to, even with exercise.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    1.5lb gives me 1470 cals
    1lb gives me 1740 cals
    0.5lb gives me 1950 cals
    They all seem really high
  • amyepdx
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Oh are you set above sedentary? Or maybe lots younger than me lol
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    I'm set as active, maybe I should change it
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Changed it to lightly active and 1lb loss gives me 1440 cals so will see how I get on at that doing a 40/40/20 macro
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Macros don't matter. As long as you are eating less calories you will lose weight.

How long did your weight stay the same for?

How do you measure your food, do you weigh it in grams?
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Been losing and gaining the same 2lb since mid feb
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    I weigh absolutely everything, even water....!
  • SazFour
    SazFour Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position as you! Almost exactly the same weight and weight lost and we're the same height. For a whole month I kept gaining and losing the same 1-2lbs (eating 1300cal) but it eventually starts coming off again as long as you're tracking right :)

Good luck! Don't give up because it'll pay off and don't worry about losing it all by your holiday. You'll look great no matter what
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Morning.

I have in the last year regained the four stone I had lost but originally when I lost all the weight I went through exactly what you are going through in terms of not seeing yourself differently. It took me a long time and intervention by my mother to stop buying clothes that were sizes too big for me as it was so engrained.

All I'm saying is I do think it takes a while for the brain to catch up and see your new body rather than what you are used to seeing. You have done an amazing job losing all that weight. It isn't easy. So my advice would be to start focusing on the things you do like about yourself and in time the rest will follow. Be good to yourself because regardless of size you need to love you.

C x
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Thank you all x
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    I weigh absolutely everything, even water....!

Your diary doesn't suggest so. Do you really eat 0.25 of a sausage?
    There is a lot of half a packet of this etc. The packets are the minimum weight in there, they can be as much as 20% more in them.
    Your weights are round numbers all the time, like 100g of this 140g of that. My sweet potatoes and rice etc are never the same numbers from day to day.

As you get closer to goal weight you have to start being more precise with your logging.

Also not logging Wednesdays could be eating up your full deficit.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    If I weigh something and it's say 137g for example then I round it up to 140g
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What is the point of weighing it for accuracy then putting in a bull *kitten* number? I don't see why you would do that.

• Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Ok, so I just weighed my yoghurt at exactly 100g and my protein powder at 24g. Accuracy all the way now then?