BULLETPROOF COFFEE:- Anyone tried it?

Options
Omazed
Omazed Posts: 66 Member
Hi guys,

I've been looking into the benefits of Bulletproof coffee and I am hearing some really positve things on it. Has anyone tried it.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I quite like it. Not because it has any benefit, just because I like it. I use coconut oil, not a fan of butter.

You have to whiz it in a blender though, or you just end up with oil slick.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It made me nauseous and it made my coffee gross. Never again.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sounds disgusting.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I tried it - once.
  • phrobbert
    phrobbert Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Coffee is awful and wrong and was actually considered satanic until a pope got hooked on it. All downhill from there IMO! ;-)
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There is nothing magical about it. It tastes pretty good though. It is a lot of calories though and you have to count them because they don't magically melt away. To me it's not worth wasting 100 or more calories on a morning coffee, but to eat their own.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My friend used to drink a whole pot with what I swear was a whole stick of butter. She couldn't understand why she kept gaining weight.

It tastes pretty good though.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »
    Coffee is awful and wrong and was actually considered satanic until a pope got hooked on it. All downhill from there IMO! ;-)

<GIANT EYE ROLL>
  • cfriend71
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    There is nothing magical about it. It tastes pretty good though. It is a lot of calories though and you have to count them because they don't magically melt away. To me it's not worth wasting 100 or more calories on a morning coffee, but to eat their own.

On the ketogenic diet you do not count calories. You use carbs, protein and fat as your macros. That's it. Nothing else. So calories have nothing to do with it on the Keto diet which is what it was designed for use with.
  • cfriend71
    Options
    :) Agreed but I do not pay attention to them. What determines my diet is the carb limit, protein and fat.
  • cfriend71
    Options
    cfriend71 wrote: »
    AFGP11 wrote: »

On the ketogenic diet you do not count calories. You use carbs, protein and fat as your macros. That's it. Nothing else. So calories have nothing to do with it on the Keto diet which is what it was designed for use with.

Hate to tell you but carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram, and fat is 9 calories per gram. Repeating "I'm doing keto" a million times every day will not change this.

I would suggest tracking everything you put in you mouth, including your bulletproof mocha if you want to achieve your weight loss goals.

I am but not by the calories. I think I am doing something right because I've already lost 6 lbs. I appreciate your suggestion though.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    cfriend71 wrote: »
    :) Agreed but I do not pay attention to them. What determines my diet is the carb limit, protein and fat.

if you're counting them, you're (indirectly) counting calories. And in that situation bulletproof coffee is still going something to fit your macros.

IE. exactly the same situation (just reading different measurements) as a calorie counter who chooses something more preferential to them on the basis of their own calorie/nutrition goals.