Weight loss help

2»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    Ok, so I just weighed my yoghurt at exactly 100g and my protein powder at 24g. Accuracy all the way now then?

I would, it will help you hit goal weight :)
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Thank you
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Just keep at it and you should see a drop soon enough. I'm also 5'6" and remember a bit of a stall around the 148 stage. Now I'm 135. Just keep going. :)
  • haleyrhart
    haleyrhart Posts: 26 Member
    Wow! That is amazing, 58 pounds is a great achievement! You have probably just hit a plateau. Your body is probably used to the workout that you have been doing. It doesn't use as much energy to get through it. If you change up how you are getting your exercise or the intensity it should help.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Great new profile picture!
  • jbirtch1995
    jbirtch1995 Posts: 8 Member
    Try switching up your exercises! Plateaus are very common and it could just be that your body has adjusted to that. Macros do matter, calories aren't a big deal if you're watching where they come from. Don't get caught up in the hype or being crazy accurate about what you eat.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Thanks all. I've upped my calories to 1350, lowered my exercise to 'lightly active' and today I tried an 20 minute minute intense hiit followed by a 10 min cycle. Will keep switching up my exercises and food xx
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Try switching up your exercises! Plateaus are very common and it could just be that your body has adjusted to that. Macros do matter, calories aren't a big deal if you're watching where they come from. Don't get caught up in the hype or being crazy accurate about what you eat.

The "hype" is that calories don't matter. It seems you're implying it doesn't matter how much she eats if she hits a magic combo of protein/fat/carbs from certain sources. That's incorrect and not good advice for someone stuck in a plateau. She could undo some of the fantastic progress she's made by overrating.

Changing up exercise could help her mentally. A new workout may excite or challenge her and motivate her to work harder if she's adjusted to her current routine and is going through the motions a little without realizing it. It could also help her focus on new goals and help ease her stress over the plateau by distracting her.
  • snowkittn
    snowkittn Posts: 2 Member
    In a similar position recently Re: Not seeing the reality of what I've lost.
    I was fortunate in that I found photos from the time I was larger, and still had some of the same clothes, so I could do a Compare/ Contrast. I was astonished at the change. I didn't feel or think I looked different... but holy crap. Even a few weeks back at a 24lbs loss, it was astonishing to see side by side. Now I am embracing my victories, and feeling ready to take on the next 49lbs. :D
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I've 'broken through' a wall of weight loss twice in the past year. These were weeks when I'd lose, gain, lose, gain several times and never establish a new low.

First, I started drinking a lot more water. I didn't even have to continue that much drinking after the weight loss broke through that barrier.

Second, a few months later, I doubled the time I was doing on my cardio work for a few days. That disrupted my routine enough to get the weight loss back on track. Again, I didn't have to continue that excessive exercise after the weight loss broke through that barrier.

I suspect that my habit of varying my cardio exercise frequently has helped keep the weight loss steady in recent months.