17 day diet 2017

Options
Hi everyone! Is there anyone who's on the 17 day diet and seeing results? I'm on day 4 cycle 1 with no cheating and have only lost .8 pounds. I have a pituitary Tumour so I'm wondering if that's in the way of seeing results? *PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RESPONDING IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK* I AM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR AN ARGUMENT :)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Food for thought:

What happens after day 17?
    Is this diet teaching you a healthy sustainable way to eat that you will be able to sick to once you hit your goal weight? If not, than it's extremely likely that you will regain any weight lost

No, I haven't read the book. I'm not going to argue with you. Just giving you some things to consider.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't measure weight loss results from day to day like that. Weight fluctuates a lot short term. True weight loss is a slow process - you can expect to lose up to 1% of yor body weight per week, but you won't necessarily see it as a drop on the scale every week.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken to your doctor since you have a medical condition. I dont think people on the internet are qualified to help your situation.

I'd be inclined to agree with this, too. The other thing, though, is that it's only been 4 days. As with any diet, patience is key.
  • christinaylin
    christinaylin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken to your doctor since you have a medical condition. I dont think people on the internet are qualified to help your situation.

Yes i have! And they told me to continue with a healthy diet which is what I am doing and I'm just reaching out to the web to see if anyone else is on the same boat :)@4legsRbetterthan2
  • christinaylin
    Options
    Food for thought:

What happens after day 17?
    Is this diet teaching you a healthy sustainable way to eat that you will be able to sick to once you hit your goal weight? If not, than it's extremely likely that you will regain any weight lost

No, I haven't read the book. I'm not going to argue with you. Just giving you some things to consider.

Hi thank you for your input it's 4 cycles of 17 days the last cycle teaches you how to maintain your weight loss. I was curious to see if anyone was currently on it. And I found the book to be so helpful in terms of education and what we put in to our bodies. :)@shadow2soul
    You can't measure weight loss results from day to day like that. Weight fluctuates a lot short term. True weight loss is a slow process - you can expect to lose up to 1% of yor body weight per week, but you won't necessarily see it as a drop on the scale every week.

• christinaylin
    Options

Thank you so much for that! I needed to hear that!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    4 days is not nearly enough time to gather reliable data. When was your last *kitten*? That could make a big difference. I guess if you only have 17 days I can see why Day 4 is making you anxious. How much weight have you got to lose?
  • christinaylin
    Options

I'd be inclined to agree with this, too. The other thing, though, is that it's only been 4 days. As with any diet, patience is key.

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ok, then as already mentioned you probably just need to wait some. I never see changes on the scale for 2 weeks after changing my diet. I just dont get the pleasure of the amazing starter drops alot of other people do.

My life stinks :(:wink:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    What if you haven't lost the weight you're aiming for after 68 days? (I'm two years in and still not at goal).
  • christinaylin
    Options
    What if you haven't lost the weight you're aiming for after 68 days? (I'm two years in and still not at goal).

If you haven't reached your goal weight, they recommend that you do the cycle all over again until you do.
  • christinaylin
    Options
    Ok, then as already mentioned you probably just need to wait some. I never see changes on the scale for 2 weeks after changing my diet. I just dont get the pleasure of the amazing starter drops alot of other people do.

My life stinks :(:wink:

I am the same way I don't see immediate results after a while and my weight loss progression is sooooooo sloooooow.
  • christinaylin
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    4 days is not nearly enough time to gather reliable data. When was your last *kitten*? That could make a big difference. I guess if you only have 17 days I can see why Day 4 is making you anxious. How much weight have you got to lose?

I am hoping to lose 65 pounds for my ultimate goal
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Sounds no different from the 15 or 16 day diet.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You started 4 days ago and have almost lost a pound? What's the problem?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You started 4 days ago and have almost lost a pound? What's the problem?

Fad diet leads to unrealistic expectations?

OP, you should really only be expecting to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Lots of fad diets and commercial workout programs advertise by saying "you can lose up to 7 lbs per week!" or some such nonsense, but unless you are very obese, anything more than 1-2 lbs per week is probably just a water weight fluctuation. And no matter what random diet you follow, weight loss isn't linear, and depends on how many calories you eat, not on which diet you follow.

The best thing you can learn is patience. If you give up whenever you don't see rapid weight loss, you will never reach your goal. Take care of yourself and good luck :drinker:
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'd skip to the end of the book and read about how to maintain your weight loss. If it's a way of eating that's sustainable for you then great.

Most experts agree that to maintain your loss you should eat pretty much how you ate to lose. So finding a sustainable diet is far more important than finding quick weight loss, at least for me.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

There's an extra 2 or 1 day respectively.................
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

There's an extra 2 or 1 day respectively.................

Yes, but the same fad concept just a few days difference.

Op- another thread does exist about someone on this program I think she mentioned "peeps" in her post.