SOC Week 10

Options
How did the buddies go everyone?
Please tell me if it's working out or not, I wanna help you guys. I am really loving the buddy idea, but I don't know if everyone else's partners is going good.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/mail.niagara.edu/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AuQz-BrjLb8RdHBWMkpWOW5yVjRJMWczTVk4RDNNS0E&output=html

How many of you run? I was thinking this week we could do a mile challenge and see who racks up the most miles. This includes running, walking, swimming, biking etc

From Today until next Wednesday.

AND GO!

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love my partner. :)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    OH! And I started my running tonight! Half mile without stopping, slowing down a bit... But no stopping.
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love running (or rather, I love to have gone on a run). I did 2.5 miles tonight, including some devil intervals at the end. It will be cool to see how many miles we can do as a group.
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    I WAS running, but two things contributed. One, my iliotibial band started bothering me, and I decided not to push it. now, it only starts hurting again if i try to run. The other was that the next book in a series that I am addicted to came out, and i've been going to the gym to read on the stairmaster.

I LOVE the buddy idea!! It seems to be working out pretty good for us.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I did 3 mile on the elliptical today :D
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    3 miles of dog-walking last night, a 4 mile run this morning...Woohoo. So, so far I've got 7 miles for the week. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the gym tomorrow and do some biking after weight training.
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    I did 4.5 miles last night: 6.5 total so far!
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The buddy system was a great idea!!

For cardio, I mostly run on the treadmill and on the elliptical so here's what I have so far:

Thurs: 1.2 treadmill, 1 elliptical
    Fri: 1.2 treadmill, 3 elliptical,
    Sat: 1.2 treadmill, 3.2 elliptical

Total: 10.8 miles
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    2 today on the treadmill. I swam too but I have no idea how much. I need to find a way to calculate the distance I walk during work. I have 5 miles so far!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    bump.
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    I'm leaving on an apartment hunting trip tomorrow, so my weight for this week is 134.4. I did 6.5 miles officially this week, plus 90 minutes of soccer, 4 hours of carrying my friend's belongings from one apartment to a moving truck to another apartment, and half a dozen dog walks. Good luck, all!
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    i'm at 130....i think. My mom and I are going to disneyland for the next few days, where we will be eating badly and walkingwalkingwalking for miles upon miles. so if i can finish this trip and still be at 130, i'll be THRILLED.
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No change for me this week. And probably not next week either. Going on a mini-vacation this weekend! and its my five year anniversary with my boyfriend on monday, so we are going out for a fancy dinner :))
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    Probably walked about three miles at work. I went outside a lot to get carts. Then me and my sis were in the art museum for a good 4 hours, I'll say maybe a mile. Probably more because we never took the elevator but I'll keep it at a mile. So I'm up to 9 miles this week. I had one night of AWFUL food binging. I was frustrated with things, and I was out with friends. It wasn't a good combination. I had some mcdonalds yesterday. ick. But I think I didn't fairly well, they were out of parfaits which is what i wanted instead of french fries. But I think I burned a lot off at the Kings Of Leon concert :D:D:D
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey soc friends.. I've been so out of it for a month now. I got a job as a manager of a brand new restaurant opening up, and I've been working 70-80 hours a week. I haven't tracked my food in weeks and haven't exercised either. I've been very physical on my feet every day and haven't eaten too terribly, so somehow I managed to maintain my plateau of 140, however I think I lost some muscle mass. Today im going to the gym and I plan on recording my food. I really want to get back into it!