Success stories from those who lost the weight in their 30's?

Options

Replies

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I started a week after I turned 30 and now I'm down 57lbs - feel free to add me if you like.
  • DrMercury
    DrMercury Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 31 just started few days back again and am determined to achieve what I believe makes me happy no matter what :) feel free to add me if you like.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I had my third baby when I was 30. I actually lost the weight a lot faster this last time than I did with my other two kids that were born when I was 23 and 25 yrs old
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm coming up to 34 on April 15th, and HAVE NEVER been this fit in my ENTIRE life. Still got a bit extra weight to lose, but I am gaining every else.
    In my 20s, I was just skinny. No definition anywhere.
    Now in my mid-thirties, I can lift more now than I could when I was 20. At 20, I couldn't even lift 50 pounds AT ALL. Now, move outta the way and I'll show you how it's done! 75 lbs is nothing!
    I have muscle, a high bone density and am still losing my extra weight.
    And I've met powerlifters who were 60 year old women and models in their 50s. And I still meet elderly women where I work, just average women, who go to the gym and squat weights.
    The say it's not about being big, it's about staying fit and healthy.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in October.

I used to be fit and healthy. On November the 11th, 2016, I was 234 lbs, at 5'11. Now I'm 192lbs.
  • phrobbert
    phrobbert Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm fitter now than I was in my teens, never mind my 20's! And I've seen photo's from 15 years back. I was definitely carrying more weight around than I thought at the time.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The reason why I tip toward lifting is the fact, I physically can't run and perform any strenuous activity due to my hereditary disabilities. Equines Deformity and Oesteoarthritis.
    I've never seen lifting as a gate way until meeting other women who have gotten hurt and couldn't walk nor run, so they took up lifting. And they got fit and healthy as much as someone would running.
    So I've started lifting last year and liked it. Now the pain in my knees have subsided greatly and can squat without pain. Doesn't mean it's gone, but by not using my knees so much the arthritis has greatly slowed in eating my cartilage.

So as a near 34 year old woman who can't run or perform no high cardio activity, I'm finding it possible to do more and more the older I get.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    hannahontheleftcoast Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and I'm having more success than I ever had in my 20s!! Maybe you need more discipline now but I know for me I never had enough all around. I've lost 70lbs in 5 months and I have 55 to go!
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's easier for me because I was definitely NOT in shape in my 20's. I was grossly overweight in college and it didn't get much better when I graduated. Now that I'm older, I've taken the time to learn about calories and what causes weight gain/loss (something I was never taught growing up) and I can say I have a better handle on my health than I ever did in my 20's.

I'm 33. I'm half way through my 50lb loss journey. My biggest motivation is knowing that losing now will set me up for success later in life. You can do it!
  • jenrocks5
    jenrocks5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I decided a little before Thanksgivng that I was tired of how my jeans fit (enter love handles) and wanted to lose the last 10 pounds after baby number 2 (who is no longer a baby at 3 years old). So, I turned to MFP and have been logging everything since mid November and lost 15 pounds, and am the lightest I remember every being (even before I got married). I'm still trying to figure out my maintain calories, as I think they are little low, and I'm working about 4 days a week, but overall, I'm very happy with my journey. I turn 39 on Thursday. I think anything is possible when you set your mind to it, and age is just a number!
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Love these! Thank you guys so much for the feedback and motivation! I'm slowly coming out of being regretful and instead turning it around to get stuff done!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and down 121lbs as of this morning. So, it's definitely possible! I'll be the first to admit though that it comes off a little harder in my 30s than it did when I was younger, but the closer I get to my goal the more healthy I get too. It's the fountain of youth!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was 34 when I started. I wanted to lose weight for my 35th I wanted to be in the best shape of my life while I was young. I dropped 40 lbs by my 35th birthday. That was 4.25 years ago I am down 51 lbs now. I never stopped I kept working. You can do it with consistency and keep it and only get better with discipline. Don't look for motivation. My only motivation comes with results and they show up slow. You can do it!! you've got this!!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and down 19lbs in just over 60 days. I feel like I am more dedicated in doing this for me now.
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 in December and I'm feeling it. I've put on about 30lbs in two years. Life, some major surgery, and not taking care of myself. I'm looking to lose the weight and get stronger. I am dealing with addictions and some other unrelated health issues, so it is difficult not to get discouraged.
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was 35 when I started. I went through a lot of trials and errors to figure out correct eating habits and workout routines and how to continuously challenge myself. I was mostly doing cardio and some strength training. I was 37 when I was at my lightest weight 48 lbs down. That was the lightest I've been since my teens. I thought I would enjoy it a little bit. I didn't workout as much. How quickly the weight comes back. I was back up 10 lbs. I am not going to let it get more than that. I've intensified my workout and I am starting to lift heavy and loving it. No more slipping up. It's a lot of work just to get the weight off and it doesn't end when you get to your goal weight. It's definitely a lifestyle change.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I spent the whole of my 20's putting the weight on. When i turned 30 i said i want to rewind the clock 10 years and lose the weight i gained. I've yo-yo'd up and down the same 25lb for the last 7 years. I turn 38 in August and am currently 50% towards my pre-20's weight. Today i have 26lb to lose and i'm determined to look at my 20 year old self on my 38th birthday and feel great. Age is but a number, feeling great about yourself lifts you everyday and rubs off on the people around you. Stay positive and you'll succeed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!