What happened?

Options
AngeleyesJo
AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Was the following blood sugar related or just that I hadn't eaten enough? I had muesli skimmed milk and a slice of wholemeal toast with reduced sugar raspberry jam, an hour and a half later I felt starving to the point of feeling sick? Some suggested it might be dehydration?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Carb overload with little fat or protein
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    How many carbs should you have in a meal?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many carbs should you have in a meal?

Maybe think more about adding the protein and fat rather than just the carbs.

There's no set number, it's about balanced meals that keep you full. Obviously yours didn't.
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    So the meal was too carb heavy?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    So the meal was too carb heavy?

Sounds more like lack of fats and protein. Maybe add an egg or some cheese in there. Much of the time it has to do with our food choices. What you eat can make a big difference on how hungry you feel.
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    Was horrible like nausea from being hungry
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Was the following blood sugar related or just that I hadn't eaten enough? I had muesli skimmed milk and a slice of wholemeal toast with reduced sugar raspberry jam, an hour and a half later I felt starving to the point of feeling sick? Some suggested it might be dehydration?

Maybe you are one of those people who fare best on smaller more frequent meals a day. I am.

Stick some fat in there too, and protein. It helps with hunger.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    yeah add some protein, that'll keep you fuller for longer.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many times you've posted about hunger but it's ridiculous I'm sorry. You'd be best to review the at least 8 other threads you have posted on the same topic.
    I tend to agree with this user.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Was there any fat in that meal at all? Nuts? butter on the toast? Personally, I do a LOT better if I get some fat with my breakfast.

IT's not "too many carbs" necessarily. But some people find that eating too many carbs without some fat to slow down how fast your body processes them means you sort of shoot UP and then crash.