You're worst dating nightmare...

Options

Replies

• DrMercury
    DrMercury Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    He tried to burp the alphabet, I asked him not to, and threw up at letter E. I got up and walked away, never spoke to him again.

You walked away from a legend

I second this.

1237811519_chuck-norris-approves.gif

I second you :D
  • littlepaintergirl
    littlepaintergirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 weird, stupid, bad dates/experiences....

The very first one being this guy I had been dating for a few weeks. Louie. He asked me to put on my best dress..get fixed up "I'm taking you OUT tonight!" I explained I'm not fancy, I'm not a big (get dressed up and go out) kind of person. He said, "that's why we need to do it! I wanna see you fixed up and I want to treat you to a nice meal!"....

Ok...not wanting to argue, I put on my very best dress..get fixed up...I look killer. He picks me up, he's dressed up as well. Nice shirt and jeans...

Wanna guess where we went?? It wasn't to a candle lit dinner like you might have been picturing...it wasn't to a bar (thank heavens) and it wasn't even a cute downtown mom and pop diner...he took me to the burger king drive thru....yeah folks..burger king. I sat there laughing..at first. He asked a couple more times what I'd like to eat, placed his order for his food and when I realized...this jerk is serious. I asked....so...hang on..you told ME to get fixed up...to go to a drive thru??? WHY!???

To which he replied...well! I've never seen you in a dress before and I thought this was the best way! Besides! It makes " having fun" easier!
    Ummmm...yeah no. Take me the hell home. "Anything you whip out, I'm cutting off."
    He knew i was far from joking. he was more than happy to comply.

The second, Randy. Took me to a Cookout restaurant (which I love. As a thank you for helping his folks. We weren't a couple, weren't dating) he finished off his burger and milkshake and without even asking, took my sweet tea, popped the top off...LICKED the straw..drank some tea...put it back and said, thanks!... I just..couldn't believe what I'd just witnessed ..WHO LICKES THE ENTIRE STRAW BEGORE DRINKING THEIR TEA??? Needless to say, I didn't drink anymore. After that, we drive by this little patch of land with a little house and he asks. "So, what do you think of that place?" I reply "it's cute, why?". " oh well, I'm thinking of buying it..when we are married, we are gonna need a place to raise the kids."

Ok, I laughed that off 'cause, as I stated earlier, we weren't even dating. So, haha, nice one man, cute joke.

A few days later he calls me up "I want to ask you a question. ...will you let me court you?"
    I said "no, we talked about this stuff, you're a friend, I enjoy fishing with you and I enjoy helping your folks but that's about it. "
    He said, "but...you shared your tea with me.."

I said "no..you took my tea and slopped all over it..".

Well he argued about that.. CALLS my MOTHER crying, saying I won't give him a chance...and then FORBIDS me from seeing any of my friends or fishing..and his reasoning was " cause I asked if I could court you, so I should be able to court you. I'll be fair, I'll be nice and I won't take your friends away from you. (He'd JUST tried to take them away 10 seconds before) We'll be happy and we'll get married and it'll be so wonderful, I've already seen it. There were signs. You just gotta believe"

That was enough for me. Come up in my phone and think I'm gonna listen to someone who tells me I can't hang out or fish. boy, please.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I met a cute guy online, and we chatted for MONTHS. He lived in a totally different state. Figured nothing would come of it.

For some reason, he randomly had to come to DE, which I still don't understand. So he decides to make a trip out of it and wants to meet up. Well it was only an hour drive for me, so I agreed. What did I have to lose? Some cute guy from states away that wants to hang out then go back home and I wont ever have to see him again. Sure.

He flies out, takes me to a NASCAR race, takes me to dinner with his father, takes me skydiving (why did i go skydiving on a first date?!) and we spend the weekend together. It was nice, but halfway through the weekend he LOSES HIS MIND on me over the fact I don't like my picture being taken. That was literally it. He tried to take a picture of me to post on facebook without me knowing, and when I saw that, I laughed and hid my face saying "No don't do that". Flipped out. I was honestly so scared he was having a mental breakdown, that I said I was leaving and driving home. He finally apologized, blamed it on PTSD and acted better. By now I am sure that after this weekend, I don't really want to pursue this further, but he put a lot of money into this weekend so I better not be totally rude about it.

Time for him to fly home. Well once home, he continues messaging me, but in a possessive way. I had a girls night previously planned, so I went. I got many, MANY nasty calls and texts about how I was out cheating and hoe'ing it up. It was relentless. I told him off, and we don't speak for a few weeks.

Flash forward a month. He randomly adds me on snap chat, so out of the humor of seeing what he had to say, i add him back. He starts snapping me pictures of the roads he is driving on. I dont recognize any all morning. Okay, random.

Almost lunch time, and he sends another.. A road sign i recognize that is only 20 mins from where I am working. OMG, why is he in MD unannounced?

The snap chats of the road became very familiar and I realize he is driving to my work. Which I have never told him where I work.

Finally, I take an early lunch and sneak into my car and drive away. To the middle of a crowded grocery store parking lot a few minutes away. As soon as I put it in park, he sends me a snap chat from my work parking lot. Apparently he went in and asked where I was and they said lunch. So I called my boss, and told her I may be a little late coming back to work. About an hour later, he sends a snap chat leaving the parking lot. So I hurry back to work so I wont get in trouble, but I am freaking out. Why is this guy from nearly across the US at my work unnannounced?! After cussing me up and down just a month prior and hadnt spoke to him since.

To my luck, he comes back. The receptionist called for me, and I told her that I was heading to a meeting and unavailable the rest of the day. By now I have alerted all of my coworkers of what is going on. He insisted that she tell him it was urgent "but don't tell her anything about me. Its a surprise".

NO ITS CREEPY. Finally I had to text him and tell him that if he didnt leave, I was calling the police. He left, and then made a very nasty public facebook post about me and how "he just wanted to ask me on a second date, and i broke his heart" and had many people saying terrible things about me.

That was one of the top weirdest date-like situations in my life. Lesson learned.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I am bookmarking, this for; next Valentine's Day!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I had a friend from work trying to set me up on a blind date with her husband's friend who she had a crush. We talked and as we were setting up a place to meet he told me it had to be near him because his car was unreliable and he didn't know if it would make it, it had to be someplace cheap since he had no money. I bailed.
  • kenzienal
    edited April 2017
    Options
    kenzienal wrote: »
    I met a cute guy online, and we chatted for MONTHS. He lived in a totally different state. Figured nothing would come of it.

For some reason, he randomly had to come to DE, which I still don't understand. So he decides to make a trip out of it and wants to meet up. Well it was only an hour drive for me, so I agreed. What did I have to lose? Some cute guy from states away that wants to hang out then go back home and I wont ever have to see him again. Sure.

He flies out, takes me to a NASCAR race, takes me to dinner with his father, takes me skydiving (why did i go skydiving on a first date?!) and we spend the weekend together. It was nice, but halfway through the weekend he LOSES HIS MIND on me over the fact I don't like my picture being taken. That was literally it. He tried to take a picture of me to post on facebook without me knowing, and when I saw that, I laughed and hid my face saying "No don't do that". Flipped out. I was honestly so scared he was having a mental breakdown, that I said I was leaving and driving home. He finally apologized, blamed it on PTSD and acted better. By now I am sure that after this weekend, I don't really want to pursue this further, but he put a lot of money into this weekend so I better not be totally rude about it.

Time for him to fly home. Well once home, he continues messaging me, but in a possessive way. I had a girls night previously planned, so I went. I got many, MANY nasty calls and texts about how I was out cheating and hoe'ing it up. It was relentless. I told him off, and we don't speak for a few weeks.

Flash forward a month. He randomly adds me on snap chat, so out of the humor of seeing what he had to say, i add him back. He starts snapping me pictures of the roads he is driving on. I dont recognize any all morning. Okay, random.

Almost lunch time, and he sends another.. A road sign i recognize that is only 20 mins from where I am working. OMG, why is he in MD unannounced?

The snap chats of the road became very familiar and I realize he is driving to my work. Which I have never told him where I work.

Finally, I take an early lunch and sneak into my car and drive away. To the middle of a crowded grocery store parking lot a few minutes away. As soon as I put it in park, he sends me a snap chat from my work parking lot. Apparently he went in and asked where I was and they said lunch. So I called my boss, and told her I may be a little late coming back to work. About an hour later, he sends a snap chat leaving the parking lot. So I hurry back to work so I wont get in trouble, but I am freaking out. Why is this guy from nearly across the US at my work unnannounced?! After cussing me up and down just a month prior and hadnt spoke to him since.

To my luck, he comes back. The receptionist called for me, and I told her that I was heading to a meeting and unavailable the rest of the day. By now I have alerted all of my coworkers of what is going on. He insisted that she tell him it was urgent "but don't tell her anything about me. Its a surprise".

NO ITS CREEPY. Finally I had to text him and tell him that if he didnt leave, I was calling the police. He left, and then made a very nasty public facebook post about me and how "he just wanted to ask me on a second date, and i broke his heart" and had many people saying terrible things about me.

That was one of the top weirdest date-like situations in my life. Lesson learned.
    This guy is a stalker and a creep. You need to inform the police and get protection.

He is going to be back, kiddo

Thankfully this was years ago. He has attempted to speak to me since, which I was short and cordial in fear of setting him off again, but seems he finally realized what he did was wrong, and he has left me alone since.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    This was years ago, but I went on a date with a guy that was very spiritual, but in a weird way. On our way to dinner he was blasting and singing along to sexually explicit, very vulgar rap lol and then at dinner when I told him he was making me uncomfortable he started meditating at the table and told me he had to re-gain his focus. I had to leave it was so awkward.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Reading some of these makes me lose faith in humanity.
    I mean - some people are just plain.... uhhh.
    Hope everyone stays safe and aware. Trouble with modern social media and even these new facial recognition apps that have surpassed google's own algorithms is that privacy and personal information is something we need to cherish more and more as time progresses.

Scary, indeed
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I met this guy online and after about a week or two of texting and talking on the phone, he invited me to a Pelican's game. I am more of a football girl, but we seemed to be hitting it off so I agreed to meet him there.

As I walked up to meet him, it occurred to me that he must have used an old picture of himself online because he looked really old in real life....like my dad old. I tried to be open minded and told myself to stop being so shallow.

Once out front of the arena, he took me to get a drink. He had some kind of drink tickets which allowed each of us one free drink. So, I finish my drink as does he and I am waiting for him to offer getting us another drink and he does not. No big deal, maybe he wants to wait until we get in the arena and get our seats.

We get inside and settled, we are in mid conversation when some rando jumps into the seat next to him and starts blabbing about something I can't hear and they both start laughing...it turns out it was his best friend that he had also invited unbeknownst to me.

After the first boring quarter, I could no longer take it and told him I was going to go grab a beer...he did not offer to come with me, he didn't offer to pay for it, nothing...he was too busy talking to his friend the WHOLE TIME.

Finally, it was half time! I told him I was going outside to smoke. I grabbed my coat and left the arena.

I texted him when I got to my car and thanked him for the tickets, but told him i just was not feeling it.

He went on to harass me all night long until I blocked him.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I got set up on a blind date by friend, who obviously didn't know my type. I agreed to meet him out for coffee. During our coffee, he kept getting in my personal space. I knew 5 minutes into the date that he had horrific breath. After our drinks, I tried to get to my car as fast as I could, but he was right there with me. When I kept moving my face to avoid him kissing me, he asked me what was wrong. I politely handed him a piece of gum, got in my car and left.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

So how long have you two been married now?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I guess being set up on a date that I have no idea is a date so I act accordingly and then there's hurt feelings involved. . yeah. That sucks.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've been quite entertained by this thread. I'm grateful I don't have any crazy stories like this. Well at least none I can remember.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Social queues and internal dialogue are clearly missing in a lot of peoples cognitive devleopmental phases by the looks of it; from reading these recollections. Some of these are a little too hilarious to believe but saying that there's all sorts out there but it's just astonishing to believe that people can be so blind as to not notice how their behaviour would appear to others.

I suppose I've been lucky thus far. There was one weirdo that turned out to be a bit of a nut but that was after the event through ludicrous sms messages and this was years ago. She was obviously on some form of class a narcotic judging by the trips to the toilet and rings around her nose. Embarrassing for both of us but had to walk out. Causing a scene with a junkie is about as useful as a chocolate teapot when they're under some level of intoxication.
  • kenzienal
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Ha, yeah right. I have no interest in stalkers or lunatics.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

Well... it ain't officially stalking if you don't get caught.

Btw, I simply love how you've decorated you bed room and bath.
  • kenzienal
    Options

Well... it ain't officially stalking if you don't get caught.

Btw, I simply love how you've decorated you bed room and bath.

:D:D:D