Who's always cold ???

Options

Replies

• astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I find myself browsing condo listings in warm locations these days.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sitting here with cold fingers even after 110 pounds...I have my space heater on under my desk and I'm in California. :s
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Loss 88# so far and I'm cold all the time. My gas fireplace and electric blanket are my new best friends ;-) At least I get some relief hoping I will not suffer as much from the heat this summer!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Haha i thought it was only me!!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm colder. Except when I have my hot flashes lol.
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in 16 months and wasn't cold until I hurt my back at Christmas and can't exercise any more. Now I'm cold ALL the time and I live in Arizona. Hope to get released to exercise next week so this will STOP.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yup, constantly cold up until it gets to about 80. My fingers especially, need to run them under warm water a few times a day.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    This is just my personal conclusion, not science, but I think eating fewer calories makes your body cooler. Maybe the body is trying to be super efficient and personal comfort is last on the list. I still have plenty of insulation, but I've been cold since the first week of calorie restriction back in November. Our winters are pretty mild, rarely below 50 degrees, but I have a hard time staying warm in bed. I'm considering an electric blanket.
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yup! After an 85 pound weight loss that occurred close to Christmas I have been freezing. I live in a northern state so it's generally April/May before it's warm outside. Love my electric blanket, cuddle duds, and a jetted bath tub filled with hot water.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight I was definitely feeling the cold in the winter. I have a heavy winter coat. When I was fat I couldn't wear the coat unless the temp was mid 20's or lower without sweating. Last winter I was wearing it when the temp was in the low 40's! I'm in maintenance now and while this winter was mostly mild, I still wear the heavy winter coat when it's in the 30's but I didn't feel the cold as intensely as the previous.
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    gamommy wrote: »
    Oh I can't wait to get there. I'm always SO HOT. Went to the children's museum today with my son's class and they had this wind tunnel...I could have stayed in it all day because I was sweating like crazy.

OMG I laughed when I read this post. Me TOO! However, I can honestly say that for the first time ever I get cold - particularly after my workouts. It's nice to be cold for a change!! ❄️❄️❄️
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ha! I thought I was the only one. Just last week I uttered "I'm tired of being cold all the time." I finally took a fleece blanket with me to work Friday and Saturday I bought curtains to keep the winter chill out of my living room.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm cold ALL of the time. It's getting warmer here now (England) but when we go out for a family walk, I'm the only one wearing a thick coat. Plus I have to have a blanket in the evenings when everyone else is sat around in t-shirts.
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who feels the cold although I'd rather be too cold than too hot as you can always put on layers and move around to warm up; it's more difficult to cool down.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've always felt cold. That's why I live where I live. I couldn't handle a real winter. B)
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 53 lbs so far (out of 175#, so I still have 122# left to lose) yet I am ALWAYS freezing. I just got back from vacation (Florida) and I was cold even when it was 65℉ outside. At one point we were driving down a highway with the car windows open and I had to close my friggin' window because I was so cold, and it was 70-80℉ out. My entire family thought I was insane.

I'm feeling really apprehensive about next fall/winter. I've always been particularly susceptible to the cold, but this past winter was unreal. I honestly can't imagine it getting worse.
  • addickens
    addickens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Being a little underfed leads to feeling cold. Being a little or more overfed leads to the opposite. Since you are restricting calories you feel a bit cold. You will be fine. Good work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm 96 lb down for now, near my goal and today in short sleeves. Cold.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Suffice it to say, fat is insulation...
  • jps2222
    jps2222 Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    nrbutton wrote: »
    Cold all the time...yup. Another unfortunate side effect of losing weight for me is at under 140 lbs (I'm a 5'3" woman) my tail bone hurts too bad to sit down. Once I lose all the cushion my tail bone protrudes quite a bit

Yes! Me, too! Freezing all the time and my butt hurts when I sit a lot. About 50 pounds down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!